Monday, February 26, 2024

myasperations 2-26-24

    I wanted to make a card for the current Art Impressions Challenge, mainly because I love making cards with unexpected (often snarky) humor. This digi from Bugaboo Stamps, his name is  Gus, comes with his own snarky response. (He kinda reminds me of my hubby…who often makes me laugh so hard I almost pass out!)
     I’m entering my card into several challenges including the Passion for Markers Challenge: Dies or Punches (I used a corner rounder punch on my card), Snippets (I had fun using a few of my plaid snippets, because Old Farts usually love plaid, right?!), and the Time Out Challenge: Happy Birthday (this challenge is celebrating its 10th birthday this month. So although my Gus card is rude, I’d like to wish the Time Out gang a sweet and simple “Congrats and Happy Day!”)



Supplies: 

·   Dig and Sentiments- Bugaboo Stamps (no longer in business)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #727: Dies or Punches
Art Impressions Challenge- #370 That’s Rediculous
Time Out Challenge- #257 10th BDAY 
Double D’s Challenge- Patterned Paper  
Snippets- Week #474  

    I love this sweet digi from Sweet November Stamps. Not only does the snowman’s name, Melton, make me smile, the digi itself makes me chuckle. If this card was a book, it would be a detective thriller, titled “Snatched!” with a subtitle “The chilling story behind a missing nose.”
I am not sure what greeting I’m going to put inside of the card, so no photo to show at this time.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Melton)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Warm Winter Wishes” from my scrapbook stash  

·   Patterned papers- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #635-636
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #7 AG                                            

    In the past, I seldom used Sketches, however, that changed after I stumbled upon the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group (BYSHC), which inspired this fun card.
    I’m entering it into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge: An Extra Day (this fun poem lists things that author Brian Bilston would like to do if given an “extra day.” If given an extra day, I'd spend it with friends and loved ones, laughing and enjoying being together, much like the friends in the Rooftop Party digi!) and The Paper Shelter: Your Favorites (a favorite card-making technique is to use small images as embellishments on my creations. This time I printed off two of the cute little robins in Santa hats from an adorable  Paper Shelter digi set named “Rooftop Party.”  I’ve added a photo of the set so you will understand the reason for the name. I love it! In addition, I usually add sentiments on the inside of my cards, and one of my favorite sources of these sentiments is Beccy’s Place. This card is an example of that as the sentiment is from one of Beccy’s sets named “Christmas Cardinals.”)
Supplies: 

·   Digi (Little Christmas birdies) from The Paper Shelter digi set (Rooftop Party)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 
·   Front Sentiment-upcycled from a Christmas card

·   Inside Sentiment “Merry and Bright” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cardinals)

·   Red tinsel and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #42 Feb 2024         
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- An Extra Day  (by Brian Bilston)  
Outlawz Challenge- Feb 2024 Linky
The Paper Shelter- Your Favorites  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Allsorts Challenge- Week 769 AG  (optional-Things That Fly)
     Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun! 

13 comments:

  1. What a fun card Kathy. I love Bugaboo's snarky images and it's sad that they closed. Gus is hilarious and you've coloured him perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming card with a fun image! Thanks for playing along with my die cut/punches challenge over at PFM.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Kathy you had me chuckling out loud at your fun and wonderful cards. Love each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun Christmas card and sentiment, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! Those images also make me laugh. Fabulous and fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three wonderful cards, Kathy. Thank you for sharing you last card in Allsorts a challenge this week using the Things That Fly option. Your little robin is so cute.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun card for our birthday party at Time Out! love the funny sentiment! Thank you for joining us again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the giggle, Kathy, and for sharing in our birthday celebration at Time Out with your old man card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are fabulous, Kathy!! I love them all! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really fun card to submit as your Snippets Playground homework! See you up in the treehouse for a cup of hot chocolate later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kathy - this did make me laugh! Especially the response from 'Gus'! Great card and the plaid is indeed very suitable!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!