Friday, February 23, 2024

myasperations 2-23-24

     This month’s Progressive Challenge at Outlawz posed a challenge for me because the digi created by Sandra, one of the Progressive Challenges generous artists, teased my “little grey cells” between themes for my card. I bounce between vintage/shabby chic, rustic/primitive, B&W/dramatic, and a combo of cutesy/playful and rainbow colored. I finally settled on an Anniversary card with a shabby chic card with muted colors and glimmers of gold. The woven pattern in the digi simplified the process of weaving strips of thin satin ribbon. I started by “anchoring” (taping) the end of a long strand of ribbon about 1/3 inch beneath one of the strands of the woven heart on the lower left edge of the heart. Once the end was taped with transparent tape, I laid the ribbon on the digi strand across to the upper right side of the heart. Gently pulling it taut, I taped the ribbon about 1/3 inch above the end of the digi weave, then cut the ribbon. I continued this until all of the left-right strips of ribbon were in place. I next positioned and cut the strips of ribbon for the top-bottom strips and taped one end of each down. Then the weaving took a bit of time… but I following the digi pattern helped in the process. I cut a heart shaped “frame” in glossy paper in a pretty shade of brown (upcycled from an old brochure) that covered all the messiness of the taped down ribbon edges. When finished, I added gold photo corners, an upcycled rose stamp and a pretty digi button with a delicate rose image. (This button is just one of the many on a collage sheet which is FREE! Nab the link in supplies below.)
I’m entering my card into several challenges including The Paper Shelter: Your Favorites  (my cards usually feature fussy-cutting, upcycled items, texture, layers or a freebie item from the web. This card features all of the above!)
Supplies: 
·   Free Digi provided for Outlawz Progressive Challenge Feb 2024 (Sandra’s Woven Heart)

·   Button- From a Freebie (Vintage Altered Art Button Collage sheet) from Free Pretty Things For You  (FPTFY) available HERE

·   Sentiments- Computer generated.

·   Pioneer Gold Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (Feb) Woven Heart by Sandra
Outlawz Challenge- Feb 2024 Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #635-636
The Paper Shelter- Your Favorites  
We Love Stamping-Romance 

Emma Everfrost (from Sweet November Stamps) loves her sweet little owl friend. So I just had to feature the pair on a LOVE themed Valentines Day Card. After coloring the digi, I traced Emma’s wings onto a scrap of patterned , then clipped the original wings, and replaced them with the vellum version. I think the vellum wings add a touch of translucent magic to the card!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Emma Everfrost)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “LOVE”- handmade template

·   Inside Sentiment-tag from my scrapbook stash

·   Scrap of vellum and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Friends of Sweet November (FB) Feb- (Critters) 
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Monochrome  
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Feb)    
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge:  Feb-Pink     

I had fun creating this card for the current Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge. A Lawn Fawn stamp set that I’ve had since 2017 was a perfect fit for the Coffee and Hearts theme, especially when paired with coffee-patterned paper and a little puffy heart sticker added to the blue coffee cup.
I’m entering my card into several challenges including Inspiration Station: Photo Prompt (my valentine-themed card features not a cat or dog, but an unusual pet that is much loved!) and Park Hopping-My Happy Place, one of my favorite challenges as it has introduces me to many new amusement parks. The little puff-ball owl in Emma’s hug reminds me of Harry Potters owl. So, this card honors Universal Studios “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” (One added note, Park Hopping is celebrating it’s first anniversary! I am happy- and Thankful- for Makira and her crew!)
Supplies: 

·   Image and front sentiment- Lawn Fawn Clear Stamp set (Winter Fox) retired

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Papercrafts Magazine (no longer available)

·   Puffy heart sticker- Stickos brand

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge-#25 Coffee + Hearts 
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #42 Feb 2024         
Double D’s Challenge- Patterned Paper  
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Winter (Feb 2024)  

9 comments:

  1. I’ve missed so many creative and wonderful cards Kathy, but I have looked and admired all of them. These cards are incredible and again call on your creative flair. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another bumper post and a lovely Anniversary card for We Love Stamping, thanks so much for joining us this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great projects. Love how you were inspired for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge. I adore that fox stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, Emma Everfrost is adorable and the face of her Owl friend is just too precious, great carda - all of them. Thanks for playing at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorably cute cute kitty!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Four Seasons!
    Diane DD, FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable winter fox card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Winter Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, what a fabulous idea for the heart image Kathy!! Love it! Thanks for joining The Outlawz Progressive Freebie challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects, Kathy. So glad you joined our challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again soon. Take care. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty Kathy. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!