Tuesday, January 16, 2024

myasperations 1-16-24a

      I had fun making another card using a vintage holiday sentiment from The Paper Shelter. Gold photo corners, a scrap of music score paper, burgundy mulberry paper (remember that fun embellie?!) and Nuvo Drops add texture and a lovely vintage feeling to the card.
Supplies: 

·   Front Digi Sentiment- The Paper Shelter (Vintage Xmas Designs)

·   Inside Sentiment “Sending Love this Christmas” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (GingerbreadSeason

·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper ShelterAnything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- Jan 2024 Linky

    One of my annual resolutions is to organize my collection of stamps, supplies, papers, etc. To regift items I rarely use. In the process, I often find lost treasures like this stamp from Denami Design, which was one of the companies that we carried in a little stamp store I co-owned in South Dakota in the 90s. The owners of Denami, Gary and Nami Nakamura, were kind and gracious to a clueless couple of new business owners, so I was happy to learn that their business is still going strong. You can find them HERE.)
Supplies: 

·   Wood Mount Stamp-Denami Design (This stamp appears to be retired. However, a similar one is available HERE)

·   Stickles- Ice Blue  

·   Tips for stamping with Bleach can be found on Pinterest. My favorite is HERE.

·   Front Sentiment-Upcycled from an old card

·   Inside Sentiment-“It’s a Day to Celebrate” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Keeping it Simple)

·   Navy Blue Victorian die-cut postcard, household bleach and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge:  Jan-Blue Lagoon  
Paper Funday- #61 Anything Goes   (Optional Twist: Let's Celebrate!)

     My final card also features a wood mount stamp that I unearthed when organizing my many treasures! This one is from Biblical Impressions, another of the companies that were favorites at our wonderful little store in South Dakota named Stampers Den. I’ve had this since the 90’s and it still works like new! I decided to use black pigment ink and fine black embossing powder to provide a bold black outline, which I colored in with a small number of colors (to be able to enter it into the current Cupcake Inspirations challenge.) Dots of several colors of Stickles add bling to the pretty card. 
Supplies: 

·   Wood Mount Stamp and front sentiment from Biblical Impressions (Unsure of status of this stamp line.)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment hand-lettered with a pilot fine-line black pen

·   Inside Sentiment- source unknown (I pulled the stamp from the wood base years ago!) 

·   Stickles, prehistoric decorative scissors, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #585 Color Challenge
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #663 (Optional twist- No Decorator Paper 

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully stamped and coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous image. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

    Sasha DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,I love the image!! Thanks for joinng the Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and thanks for sharing at Crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!