Saturday, January 20, 2024

myasperations 1-20-24

     This month’s challenge at  Sheepski Designs  theme is “Anything Goes and I used one of my favorite winter digis, not only because of Andrea’s wonderful artwork but also because it’s named “Hot Chocolate.” (‘Nuf said?!)
  Because we recently received some of our heaviest snow this year, I layered on a blizzard of flakes from my stash of papers, diecuts and stickers. The layout of the card was inspired by a Sketch challenge in which I often participate because the sketches are always visually striking and usually pretty easy to replicate. I usually decorate the inside the card, but I’m leaving this one blank for now as it is in a packet of cards that I’m donating to the Drug Treatment Agency where I work. (This will be the third time I’ve donated cards, and our clients have really appreciated being able to stay in touch with loved ones in this way during their first few weeks when they can’t have outside visitors. It warms my heart to make these cards, so the front sentiment is a perfect fit for this one!)
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy (I discovered this challenge last year and it has become a favorite of mine as I’ve learned lots about amusement parks. The challenge host, Makira, provides a listing of “inspiration” to help learn more about Amusement Parks around the globe. I was thrilled to find the word “snowflakes” in that listing so I could enter this card. Read HERE to learn about Blizzard Bleach…in Florida!) and Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge. 
 
 Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Hot Chocolate)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Stickers- Hobby Lobby and JoAnnes

·   Front Sentiment “You Warm my Heart” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Jan)   
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Jan-Glitter & Sparkle   
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge:  Jan-Blue Lagoon   
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Winter (Jan 2024)   
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #41 Jan 2024  
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge Jan-#25 Coffee + Snowflakes 
Double D’s Challenge- Sparkle and/or Shine  

I really like penguins… so this sweet digi from Gerda Steiner makes me smile. And when I saw that it was FREE… I nabbed it immediately! I colored the printed digi with alcohol markers, then added the soft glowing effect by using cotton-tipped swabs (Q-tips) to add smudges of soft pastel chalks. I printed off extra copies of a few of the penguins to adorn the inside sentiment. After seeing how quickly this card went together, I made 15 of them to send out to friends and family members.
                  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- A freebie from Gerda Steiner Designs (2024 Penguin)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and Decorating Chalk set from CRAF-T Products (Pebbles, Inc. from American Crafts also makes a nice set.) 

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners 

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper ShelterAll Things New
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Something New)
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #663 (Twist- No Decorator Paper 
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #119 (Anything Goes: New Beginnings)  
Outlawz Challenge- Jan 2024 Linky
Paper Funday- #61 Anything Goes   (Optional Twist: Let's Celebrate!)

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful warm feeling to this beautiful card Kathy. I haven't been able to catch up with comments, but I have appreciated all your cards and the work and beauty on each. Hope all is well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome jumper texture and beautiful cards as always!
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect for New Beginnings; these little cuties are sure to brighten the new year with those glowing lights! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. A FABulous set of Penguins lol.. Made me smile.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
    GDT Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and cozy card, needed in this crazy weather!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your card great image and the color is pretty, thank you for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CCC
    Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are wonderful. Loved reading about Hot Cocoa project and that it is part of a donation pack. That's awesome.
    Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cute and adorable New Year card, Kathy. Thanks for sharing it and brightening our day at The Path of Positivity. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!