Tuesday, January 16, 2024

myasperations 1-16-24

Hello from the Midwest where we are enjoying blustery 30 below zero wind chills this week. NOT! At least my brain is in working order so that I can get this card posted before the deadline!
    I had fun making a simple rocker card with an adorable digi from The Paper Shelter.(You can find lots of rocker card tuts on Pinterest. Here are my two favorites (which have very different looks when finished); one is made with a circle folded in half and the other starts with a rectangle.)
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (I discovered this challenge several months ago and it has become a favorite of mine as I’ve learned lots about amusement parks. Many I never even knew existed, and I learned a few fun facts about others. The challenge host, Makira, provides a listing of “inspiration” to help learn more about Amusement Parks around the globe. That is where I learned about “The Cats of Disney.” As a grade school student, I remember seeing the always sweet and gracious, Walt Disney, talking about the park he had built in far-off California, and it looked both amazing and magical. Little did I know that there were cats that actually got to live there! Thanks to a link that Makira posted, I learned about them… and you can, too!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (Cozy Christmas Together)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment a Freebie from birdscards (Wishing You a Cozy Christmas)

·   Back Sentiment- “Friends Warm the Heart” from Beccys Place digi set New Friends (retired)

·  All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter-  Anything Goes
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #722: Dots and/or Stripes
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#96 Jan)  
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Celebrations
Outlawz Challenge- Jan 2024 Linky
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Jan)   

This card features one of my favorite winter digis from Sweet November stamps, a cute penguin named Percy. I love his glasses… and since he is all decked out in a warm hat and scarf, I created a snowy background (that literally says “SNOW”!) using a hand-sketched lettering template built with paper scraps from my HUGE scrap collection. (The pile of scraps in the photo are just those from my snowflake papers, die cuts and stickers!)   
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Snippets (this is a fav of mine, as it encourages me to use up some of my many collections of patterned paper scraps.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Percy Penguin)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Let it snow…” from a Hobby Lobby Sticker package

·   Inside Sentiment- “Thoughts of You  Warm My Heart” from Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set (My Love Mug)

·   Snowflake stickers and die-cuts, patterned papers, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Friends of Sweet November (FB) Jan-Winter Blues 
Snippets- Week #471  Celebrations 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Fun in the Snow)
Allsorts Challenge- Week 763 AG 
Gem of a Challenge- Week #1 AG                                                    
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Winter (Jan 2024 
    
  This card features another cute penguin, this time from Beccy’s Place. His name is Finn and he looks pretty cozy on a wintery day! (He is also going into retirement soon (*see details below) so you might want to invite him to your place soon!
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge: Coffee + Snowflakes (if you look closely you'll see large flakes outside in the dusky sky and a few more on Finn's coffee cup), and  Outlawz Sunday Challenge: New Beginnings (I start every day with a cup of freshly brewed coffee… and in the winter, end the day with a cup of hot chocolate that occasionally has a shot of Peppermint Schnapps and a dollop of whipped cream. Ahhh yummy!)  

   (*Beccy Muir is holding a retirement sale of several digi sets for 50% off. A few of them are favorites of mine so I’ll be posting cards made with them between now and March 31st. Check them out HERE!)

Supplies: 
·   Digi from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Finn’s Hot Chocolate)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- “Hi there…” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Paw Prints)

·   Inside Sentiment- “You Warm My Heart” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Window made from a paper scrap, Exacto blade, and a few gel pens.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Jan 2024  
            Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge Jan-#25 Coffee + Snowflakes 
Outlawz Sunday Challenge-New Beginnings
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Happy Hello’s: AG
Di’s Digi Stamps- Celebrate Winter
Paper Funday- #61 Anything Goes    

20 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thank you for joining us on the Sunday Song and Rhyme challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards Kathy, well done! Your colouring is always fantastic... I love the way you add the white highlights, they really pop on the images. I see there's a definite winter theme here, which is understandable given it's freezing in your part of the world. Stay warm!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A generic C&P comment as unable to type much (MS flare up) to let you know I've seen your lovely entry at Stamping Sensations, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous rocker card! I love how you have coloured the adorable image:) Thanks for joining in my challenge at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are so beautiful but I especially love the penguin card. Love his pink glasses and what a great idea to create the fun letter background for him. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back again, just saw you also linked up at Four Seasons, thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us there as well!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for entering the SNOW card as your homework for the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for hot chocolate and som Mint Schnapps later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all your projects Kathy! That penguin is so much fun!
    Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a precious rocker card with that sweet Christmas digi! Definitely a lovely celebration there! Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursdays! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun cards! Love the SNOWcard with Percy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh Kathy your card is so adorable, Love it!!! Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These images all look amazing! Love the coloring and the designs! Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ this month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    The Outlawz Challenges

    Twisted Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards Kathy! I do so love your snippets card, adorable!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card and lovely colouring of this image xx

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion challenge…. 💗

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful rocker card Kathy. The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect. I really like the candy striped paper you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous Rocker card, gorgeous colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet and cute cards. Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of your cards are so fun, beautiful, and that penguin is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cute penguin and the snow sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!