Thursday, January 11, 2024

myasperations 1-11-24

I apologize that this posting is a little late we've had a rough week at our house fighting yet another one of the many cruddy viruses that are exploding in our area. For me, it meant zero energy and my brain couldn’t make the words to write up details! Ack!
     I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time I used 1 digi and 1 sentiment (which I printed off as two to provide the ”rest of the story” on the inside of the card!) from one of Beccy’s new yummy food themed sets named, appropriately, French Fries, I love that the set includes a newspaper wrap for the fries, so opted to go with a neutral color scheme… with a bright yet transparent splash of color from a red plastic index divider sheet. (If you follow my blog you’ll know that I use these wonderful items quite often. Sometimes called document file folders, they come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but they are easy to fussy-cut with a sharp pair of scissors.) I also paper-pieced the image, printing off an extra copy of the news wrapping layer and adding it with foam tape to add depth to the image. So fun!
Supplies: 

·   Digi and sentiments are from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (French Fries)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Cardstock, red plastic index divider sheet, heart template, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #629-630
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #1 AG                                             

Beccy Muir, from Beccy’s Place is holding a retirement sale of several digi sets for 50% off. A few of them are favorites of mine so I’ll be posting cards made with them between now and March 31st. Check them out HERE!
   For this card, I took a photo of a recipe card that I’ve had in my collection for over 4 decades. Sandbakkels are a Norwegian sugar cookie that was one of the family Christmas holiday traditions in my hubby’s childhood home. He is the primary baker in our family, and early in our marriage,  his sisters gave him a tray stacked with their mouthwatering Sandbakkels, a set of tins so he could carry on the tradition, and this recipe. (This recipe is from my sister-in-law, Louise. It was passed down to her from her mother-in-law. The original is handwritten so is actually an heirloom, right?! And the almond extract stain, accidentally added by my sweet hubby, makes it even more precious to me.)  
Supplies: 

·   Digi  from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Tied Up With String)

·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently Not Available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Jan 2024  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Christmas)

I had fun making this sparkly card using a circular sentiment from The Paper Shelter, and assorted items that I had on hand. Fits into a standard Business sized envelope so was quick and inexpensive, plus I love how it turned out!
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment- The Paper Shelter (Vintage Xmas Designs)

·   Background scene- upcycled from an old calendar

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Snowflake Stickers- Hobby Lobby and JoAnnes Crafts

·   Inside Sentiment- (Peace Joy Love) Seeking source in my digi collection!

·   Stickles, assorted snowflake die-cuts, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper ShelterAnything Goes
Di’s Digi Stamps- Celebrate Winter
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Jan-Glitter & Sparkle   
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge:  Jan-Blue Lagoon  

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that your down and out with a raft of nasty virus's . Still feeling lousy this end from the Covid before christmas. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you're sick Kathy, I hope you're feeling better very soon.
    Your cards are fabulous, I particularly like the one with the recipe card on the front... absolutely beautiful, and extra meaningful with the handwriting and the little splotch of extract. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, feel better soon. Stay warm hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous sparkly card for our challenge this month. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Craft Creations. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice card with lots of glitter! Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations. Lanusia DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!