Monday, December 25, 2023

myasperations 12-25-23a

Dear readers- I don't have a clue why the formatting on this page is so wonky. I tried at least five times to make
corrections, but it just got worse each time. So I give up... and hope that you don't get a headache to reading it! 

This is the final card I created for the December Caffeinated Christmas Challenge, which is to include coffee and a snowman. I need to get it posted soon to beat the deadline.
   It features a coffee-cup-shaped card base with a dapper-looking snowman decorating its front. The snowman image, little snowflake tag, and snowflake charm/ornament (plastic silver-painted) are from my stash. I know I’ve had all of them for at least a decade, so don’t have a clue of their source. However, I can tell you where to find the card base template! (Google “coffee cup template free” and you’ll find some options. Or do the same on Pinterest, which is where I found the one I used- HERE)   


Supplies: 
·   Coffee-cup card base template found on Pinterest HERE
          Snowman image from my scrapbook stash.
      ·   Additional shading added to the snowman with Spectrum Noir Classique markers,       
          highlighting and stitching added with a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
     ·    Inside sentiment-computer generated.
    ·    Scraps of ribbon, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge Dec-#24 Coffee + Snowman 
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #268  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Nov 2023 Anything Goes
Paper Funday- #60 Anything Goes      (Optional Twist: Snowman and/or bird)

This card is my second entry using the current sketch at the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers {BYSHC} Challenge on FB. It features an adorable penguin from Sweet November stamps, named Percy.  The sweet look on his face makes me think he is giggling, which is the perfect fit for the sheet music background.  All I needed to add was some lipstick kisses and a Santa hat to add a little more to the story that my card created.  Oh, and the beautiful pair of plaid papers in the background were from a prize packet I won in an earlier prize packet from the BYSHC challenge. Crystal really puts together some great happy mail!
 


Supplies:
·   Sheet Music background- “I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” a freebie found HERE
·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Percy Penguin)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Lip Prints- upcycled/fussy cut from a business card
·   Front Sentiment “HoHoHo”- from a Hobby Lobby Sticker set
·   Sparkly Santa Hat Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Inside Sentiment - We Are 3 Christmas Sentiment can be found HERE.
·   Rustic plaid brown and black plaid papers- from a BYSHC prize packet!
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Christmas: Add a Santa Hat! 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes Annual Bloghop 
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #40 Dec 2023   
Friends of Sweet November (FB) Dec 
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #118 

Anne Fenton, from Anne’s Digital Art, donated her wonderful digi named Decorating the
Tree” for the current Outlawz Progressive Challenge.  for our use. The digi inspired me to
create a card with depth and texture, so pulled out a Martha Steward punch I’ve had in my
stash for a long while and added a touch of the holidays with some bling and peppermints.
An added note- Anne’s website features a large assortment of beautiful drawings, which are
free upon request. I don’t see “Decorating the Tree” digi posted there, but you can ask Anne if
it is available. 
    I’m entering this card into several other challenges, including Inspiration Station’s prompt
photo (inspired by the Christmas Tree) and Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (inspired by
the peppermint candy.)



Supplies: 
·   Digi- Anne's Digital Art (Check out Anne’s large assortment of beautiful drawings)
·   Digi- Decorating the Tree by Anne Fenton
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment “Merry and Bright”- Source Unknown (I can’t locate it in my collection of 
             digis.  Please let me know if you recognize it!)
·   Inside Sentiment- ‘It’s the Most wonderful time…” from Beccy’s Place Clear Stamp Set 
     (Sugar and Spice) found HERE 
      Note- A similar version of this sentiment is also found in a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Jolly Holiday)
·   Peppermint Candies- fussy-cut from scrapbook paper
·   Stickles, Martha Stewart branch punch, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #220
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Inspiration photo DEC 
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Dec-Christmas Decorations   
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (Dec) Decorating the Tree by Anne Fenton 
Inspiration Station- Challenge #56 Inspiration Prompt 

7 comments:

  1. oh how cute, love that fun snowman. Thanks for linking up to the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that little penguin is so delightful with his big glasses. He looks like he is telling the story! ;) Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card for the Outlawz Progressive challenge!!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Christmas card Kathy. Thank you for joining the colour challenge at The Outlawz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute decorated tree with those mints and pine branches! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did the tree - very effective.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for entering the Tuesdays Color challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com/ in December. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next inspiring Color Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    Tuesdays Color DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!