Sunday, December 10, 2023

myasperations 12-10-23

    I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use. 
  This time, the digi is named, appropriately, “Stem in a Cup” and decided to create a card that would echo its delicate beauty and simplicity. The strip of lace is from my sweet mom’s craft box that I inherited after she went to her heavenly mansion 12 years ago. I dip into its cache of treasures occasionally when making a card for someone special. This card is for a friend who is going through a really difficult time. She has been in recovery from alcoholism for quite a while, so I knew that this sentiment would resonate with her. I left the inside of the card blank so I could provide her with encouragement and support… and tell her that I treasure having her in my life! When I recently gave her the card, I told her the strip of vintage lace is from my sweet mom’s treasured box… and that my mom would want me to share it with her. She responded with a big hug! (I love making special cards for unexpected reasons and need to do it more often. Hmmm... resolution time!) 
           
Supplies: 

·    Digi and Sentiments from - Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp set (Stem in a Teacup)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & gold gel pens

·    Vintage lace from my sweet mom’s craft box.

·    Papers and ribbon from my stash.
Entered into: 
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #662  
       Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun! 
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Nov 2023 Anything Goes    
Paper Funday- #60 Anything Goes      

This second card features a sweet image from a company that is currently seeking a buyer. I hope they find one soon, as a friend and I owned a stamp store back in 1999-2001, and we sold Eureka's wood mount stamps in our store. A few years ago, I found them on-line, and a short time later, became one of their DT’s. I've always loved sharing their artwork so for now, I just continue to do that because some of them are favorites. After coloring and finishing this card, I made it extra sparkly so I could enter it into the current Time Out Challenge... then I found the perfect sentiment to fit the sparkly front. Yay BLING!
     I’m entering this card into several challenges, including he Time Out Challenge: Sparkly,  and the Path Of Positivity Challenge: Music (the look on this sweet feline's face makes me think of the song, “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…”)    
Supplies:

·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Cat in Santa HatCurrently not available

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Merry Christmas” from Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set (Swinging By With Holiday Cheer)

·   Inside Sentiment- Source Unknown (I can’t locate it in my collection of digi's. Please let me know if you recognize it!)

·   Polar White Flower Soft- Available HERE

·   Clear glitter and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Christmas Greetings: Add a Santa Hat!
     Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#95 Dec) 
Double D’s Challenge- Christmas Animals  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #118 (Anything Goes Positive with opt. Twist-Music) 
Time Out Challenge- #253 Theme Challenge-Sparkly   

This final card is for the current Butterfly Challenge, one of my favorites. This time of the year instead of butterflies  the theme changes to “Fairy Time.” I decided to feature a fairy from a fairly new Beccy’s Place digi named “Fairy Folk.” This card will be sent to one of my nephews with a special Christmas greeting. His name is Jesse, and although he is now in his '30s (or maybe even '40s?) when he was around six years old I was having a coffee date with his mom when came home from school. Running into the kitchen for a snack, her saw me, he smiled wide and said, ‘Hi, Grandma!” As soon as he realized it was me he grinned and said “I mean Aunt Kathy…”  I colored this sweet fairly to resemble Jesse’s loveable silver-haired, slightly pudgy Grandma. (I left the inside empty so that I can not just Merry Christmas, but also how much his Grandma Rose loved him… and also how much his Aunt Kathy loved him. And, since I stopped coloring my hair during COVID, I now also have silver hair. And, am also… well… a bit beyond slightly pudgy!!)   
PS Mom also had a green thumb and our yard, and several window boxes, were also full of color and life. So... this beautiful fairy reminds me of her in yet another way. Sadly, I didn't inherit her magic with plants. She has rescued many a potted plant from my many homes and apartments and brought them back to life. She was a gem!
Entered into: 

·   Digi and front sentiment from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Fairy Folk)

·   Background from an upcycled Thomas Kinkade (Painter of Lights) calendar page.

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Heart-patterned vellum strips and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #625-626 Anything Goes   
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #267   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Dec 2023 
       Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Children)
Outlawz Challenge- Dec 2023 Linky

12 comments:

  1. Just GORgeous! I LOve your colours and design.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    DT Chrissyxx
    Congratulations on your new 'spot' x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet kitty! Great ripped paper and sparkle! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitty asleep in the Santa hat is just adorably CUTE!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card of encouragement and I'm certain your friend will treasure the sentiment and card. Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Kathy! I particularly like the last card in this post... you've done a really clever job with the image and the beautiful background. I love the sweet story of your nephew too. My little nephew (although not so little now) used to mistake me for a grandmother too, and I didn't have grey hair back then!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, you have exhibited a number of lovely cards but I like the Magnolia Blossom and touch a lace best. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Have a Blessed Christmas and healthy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cat is adorable, Kathy, and I love the fluffy stuff on the brim of Santa's hat that makes it look so real. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I love the sparkle in the Santa hat and the whole image you used is so fun and cute. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely story to go with your card. Thankyou for coming and playing in the garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card!
    Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
    Hope to see you again! Good luck!
    Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!