Monday, December 18, 2023

myasperations 12-18-23

     I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use. 
  This time, the dig set is named, “Cat Tails” and the cat at the window image inspired me to create a beautiful scene for the cutie to enjoy while “relaxing”! A scrap of patterned paper that resembles vintage wallpaper, small paper doily, and a scrap of striped cardstock, trimmed into an oval and scored to resemble a comfy chair all help build a comfortable scene. As is my norm,  I used scraps of the papers used on the card front to decorate the inside sentiment.
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments from Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp set (Cat Tails)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, a white colored pencil, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Tree Stamp used to make scenery from Stampscapes wood mount (Pines & Rocks)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #268  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 759 AG  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #118 
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#95 Dec)  

     One thing that I enjoy about the digi sets that Beccy Muir creates and sells through Beccy’s Place is that she always includes sentiments. Many are versatile, like this one, “Thinking of You” from her newly released Cat Tails set. It works so beautifully when paired with a large rose-patterned frame from my scrapbook stash (which I’ve had for at least a decade or possibly two.) I didn’t want to waste any of the beautiful roses so fussy-cut two from the section that would be covered by the sentiment and used them to embellish it. A scrap of sage green vellum provides a bit of contrasting color while also letting the roses peek through!
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment “Thinking of You” from Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp set (Cat Tails)

·   Rose Frame from my scrapbook stash. (I have no idea of the source!)

·   Patterned paper,  vellum scrap, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #625-626 Anything Goes   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Dec 2023  
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (Dec #213)
Paper Funday- #60 Anything Goes      

    This final card was fun to make because so many of my memories involve spending time in the kitchen first watching, and later helping, my mom make so many wonderful treats. We never made a Gingerbread house, but since it is on my bucket list of things to do before I die, I gave this " wee pie baker” a cap of soft white hair! 
Supplies: 

·   Digis- Sweet November Stamps Digi Set (Wee Pie Baker) and (Gingerbread House)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Christmas Cheer”- Source Unknown (I can’t locate it in my collection of digis. Please let me know if you recognize it!)

·   Inside Sentiment “Sending warm...” is from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Wishes)

     Small gingerbread cookies fussy-cut from scraps of patterned paper from my stash. 

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #719 Mega Christmas Gala: Add a Sentiment
     Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Christmas, Children)
Outlawz Challenge- Dec 2023 Linky

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and how clever to cut 2 from the hidden area! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing at Word Art Wednesday, your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those silhouette Ct's are lovely, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, loving this kitty at the window! Such a beautiful sunset for this sweetie to watch while resting on her chair! Purr-fect! Thanks so much for sharing this delightful scene with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. All wonderful Kathy! Your baking memory is beautiful and you've made a wonderful card in honour of it. Thanks for playing along in our MEGA CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE at Passion for Markers!
    Good luck!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful card, each one so different but all so beautifully made! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I love these cards! The cat scene you've created is just fab and such a clever idea for using all those scraps that we all have! Love how you've decorated the inside too! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Kathy! Your relaxing cat card is gorgeous - I love how you built up the chair from scraps for him to sit upon in front of the window. Beautfully creative work!
    Thank you for sharing at The Path of Positivity Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every card is extra special! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your designs soon!
    Happy 2024!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card thanks for sharing at PFM and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  11. so very nice!
    Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
    Hope to see you again! Good luck!
    Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!