Friday, December 15, 2023

myasperations 12-15-23

I wanted to make a special card to enter into the current challenge at The Paper Shelter because it’s their 13th birthday. (And they are celebrating with some nice goodies… so there’s also THAT! heh heh!) The fun-loving Santa just makes me smile…especially when paired with a background scene that provides him with a wonderful scene on which he can “SWOOSH!” The chalkboard card base and matching envelope are an invitation from the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby. (I love repurposing paper items, especially when I find them at 80% off!) 
    I’m entering it into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is another of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This card was inspired by Santa’s Village which is now on my bucket list!)
Supplies:  
·   Digi- The Paper Shelter set (Xtreme Xmas)

·   Snowy Background from The Paper Shelter set (Snowboarder Girl)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Stickles-Diamonds

·   Front Sentiment-“Here Comes Santa Claus” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (The Big Guy)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Snow Much Fun” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Finn in The Snow)

·   Snowflake stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Chalkboard card base and envelope from Hobby Lobby Clearance aisle

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Any Winter Holiday
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #268  
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Dec)    Santa’s Village
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Christmas Greetings: Add a Santa Hat!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- Dec 2023 Linky
 
This card is my third entry for the current Butterfly Challenge, where the December them is “Fairy Time.” (Since I love fairies, I wish I could enter more than three! Actually, I just might do that… and note that I’m entering just for fun?)  My last fairy card features a loveable grandma fairy. This one puts an adorable little girl fairy from Polkadoodles named “Grace.” Since little girls often like the color pink, and also bling… I added both!

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Polkadoodles (Fairy Grace) Sadly this cutie appears to be retired as I can’t find it in the shop!

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “JOY” (Sketched by hand… and created with paper scraps)

·   Inside Sentiment- “May your holidays sparkle…” Source Unknown (I can’t locate it in my collection of digis. Please let me know if you recognize it!)

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Music score vellum, star stickers, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #49 AG                                          
Gem of a Challenge- Week #25 AG                                                  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Dec- Silver and Gold 
Time Out Challenge- #253 Theme Challenge-Sparkly 

This last card was made with scraps of vellum, papers, and miscellaneous snowflake stickers from my stash. It features a large hand-cut snowflake that has been in my stash for several decades. My sister Carol, who is also a craft lover, taught me how to make intricate snowflakes. This was one of my first attempts… and I felt proud of it. (With practice, I was able to make smaller and smaller ones with few oopsies. But when I found this large one in a box in the garage, I just had to create a special card for Carol that features it. (She knows I am a major pack rat, so I think she will smile realizing that I’ve kept it all these years.)
    I’m entering it into several challenges including Inspiration Station: Photo of Disney Christmas Parade Float (my card has lots of snowflakes, just like the float and wintry sky.)
Supplies: 

·   Large delicate snowflake that I made with the help of my sweet sister, Carol.

·   Assorted Snowflake Stickers- Hobby Lobby and JoAnne’s Crafts

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated and printed on vellum

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Stickles, vellum, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #583 Theme Challenge Snowflake    
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #625-626 Anything Goes   
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (Dec #213)
Paper Funday- #60 Anything Goes  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #719 Mega Christmas Gala: Add a Sentiment
     Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize! 

16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely cards. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about your card, the chalkboard base and the wonderful image, thanks for joining our Birthday celebration at The Paper Shelter.
    Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had time to catch up with comments Kathy, but time is short. I had looked at them all and as always you have unique and beautiful cards, people must love receiving your work. Hope all is well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous cards that you've created. Thanks for joining in our mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Markers - good luck! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun Santa card Kathy. He looks like he is having a fun time. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a beautiful Christmas card Kathy. Love the fun layout. Thank you for playing along with our Blog Hop Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is my favourite card from you this time. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowflake card is stunning, the silver glitter and purple is the perfect festive combo. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and Paper Funday Challenges. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute cards!! I LOVE the snowflakes. The Santa is just too cute!!! Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ This snowboarding Santa is super fun! Love the entire scene. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. πŸŽ„πŸŽMerry Christmas! Makira

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unfortunately Kathy the one card that you entered into our challenge doesn't include any markers so will not be eligible for the prize draw. If you miss to amend your post and link us up to one of the other cards then go ahead and let us know. Hugs, Denise, Passion for Markers challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful snowflake card and I love the sentiment you used.

    Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card - love the snowflake and how you have used the overlapping vellums... Thanks for sharing with us at Pattie's Crreations - Vic, D X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the glitter snowflakes! Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a Happy New Year!

    Sasha DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!