Wednesday, December 20, 2023

myasperations 12-20-23

    This month’s Sheepski Designs FB Challenge theme is “Layer it on” and I used a classy digi from Andrea’s artwork named “Strappy Sandal”.  Assorted items from my stash added elegance, bling… and perhaps even a touch of mystery to help bring in the new year! (PS- to help create some additional layering on the card, I printed the sandal onto vellum, colored it and laid it aside. I next made a base on which I’d attach the vellum; I cropped the “if the shoe fits…” paper and bright blue paper to size and used strips of washi tape to create pretty photo corners to hold them together. I then positioned the vellum sandal atop the base,  cropped it to size and adhered it at the corners with repositionable tape.
Then the fun could begin… I cut the Washi Tape into thin straps, then used an Exacto blade to cut slits where these would be woven through the base and taped underneath. It was a little tedious to do the weaving, but I do like the results. A strip of sheer ribbon, attached with a strip of the Washi tape, plus sentiments and sparkly stars finish off a card that will help to ring in the new year with style!
Supplies: 

·  Background paper “If the Shoe Fits…” from Freebies Section at eyeletoutlet.blogspot.com (HERE)

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Strappy Sandal)

·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Baby Animals) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sparkly Washi Tape- Hobby Lobby

·  Front Sentiment- Metallic "Dream" tile from my scrapbook stash.

·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy New Year” from Papercrafts Magazine (no longer available, other freebies available by subscription HERE )   

·   Vellum, sheer ribbon, patterned paper, sparkly starts, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Party Time
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #268  
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Holiday Spectacular
Outlawz Challenge- Dec 2023 Linky

      I’ve always loved the wonderful “Front-N-Back” stamps from Art Impressions. I started my collection back in the ‘90s when a friend and I opened a stamp store in South Dakota. Art Impressions Stamps were some of our best sellers, and the owner was so kind and generous to us as new business owners. Most of these FnB stamps are now retired, but I still like to use them to add a bit of fun to my cards. This time, the little cutie greets us through a shiny teal “o” on the card front, and we can see him balancing on his tippy toes on the back of the card.  I also fussy-cut a mitten from the patterned paper, so he can maybe get some treats from Mrs. Claus? I’ll bet she is an amazing baker!
   I used sentiments from two Beccy’s Place digi sets. One reason I appreciate artist/owner, Beccy Muir, sets is because so many of her sentiments can be used with any number of images, plus they often reflect her wonderful sense of humor… which I love! (The one on the inside of this card always makes me smile!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Art Impressions-Front -N-Back penguin (retired)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·    Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  

·   Front Sentiment “Merry and Bright” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cardinals)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Just how good…?” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Here Comes Christmas)

·   Mirrored Paper, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Dec 2023  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Christmas)
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #101 Christmas
     
    I was saddened to read that Ching-Chou Kuik is closing her blog challenge at the end of this month. I have been making assorted holiday cards to put in gift bags of cards. This card will be included in a gift set mailed to a pair of special newlyweds in early 2023. The soon-to-be bride loves sunflowers, so she is sure to love this Thanksgiving card made with Ching-Chou Kuik's beautiful image named “Keep in Faith.”
    I’m entering it into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This card was inspired by the Harvest Festival at Dollywood, TN, which I hope to visit someday! 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps (Keep in Faith)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Digi and sentiments are from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gnomes in My Garden)

·   Front Sentiment “Fall Greetings”- RG Ave Harvest Greetings set (no longer available)

·   Inside Sentiment from Verve Digi Set “Coffee Please” (Company no longer in business)

·   Orange photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Sequins and other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes Annual Bloghop
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Dec)    Fall/Autumn: Harvest Festival at Dollywood 

6 comments:

  1. 🧡🧡🧡 this! She somehow reminds me of Fawn (a Disney Fairy). Dollywood's Harvest Festival is just beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place! Merry Christmas!🎄🎅 Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those shoes are definitely Holiday Spectacular! Love the lacing and ribbon; these are perfect for New Year's Eve! Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, each one unique in their styles. I trust you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge and supporting us.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are fantastic Kathy, such a lot of beautiful detail. I love how sparkly the shoe card looks, the holographic paper is amazing! The little penguin peeking through the "O" is adorable... great colours on that one too. The image on your autumn card is very pretty and you've done a fantastic job with the colouring, especially her hair. Love them!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful collection of cards. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I like the little penguin. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!