Saturday, August 7, 2021

myasperations 8-5-21

I apologize that this DT posting is late. I've been ill but finally have some energy again.
SO... here it is!  (I also don't know why the formatting is so odd... and won't let me fix it.
Maybe Blogger needs occasional sick days, too? )

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are
always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to
check it out!
For this challenge, my DT card features an adorable digi from Jan’s Digi Stamps named “Flour
Child.” I love how artist Jan Mahew captures glimpses of real life in her digital images. This
sweet scene reminds me of the nostalgia found in a Norman Rockwell work of art!  I used an
A2 window-cut card/envelope set as my base, allowing us a peek into a “kitchen” where the
little bakers were hard at work! Pastel striped patterned paper provides the illusion of
wallpaper, plus a cover for the inside of the card front. Assorted scrapbook embellishments
and sentiment tags add some fun and realism to the card!
Supplies: 
·   Digi Image and Front Sentiment- Jans Digi Stamps (Flour Child)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   
Inside sentiment- Imagine That Digis (Sending Lottsa Love)
      ·  A die-cut card, patterned paper, scrapbook images and sentiments from my stash
Entered into:  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   
The Paper Shelter- Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #503-504 Anything Goes                   
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 691- Anything Goes
Di’s Digi Stamps- Include a Sentiment
Cute As A Button- August: CH #71 Anything Goes + (Option) Polka Dots & Stripes

The wonderful motorcycle image is a cling stamp from a company named Deep Red Stamps
that I’ve had in my collection for some time. I come from a “Harley Family” of bikers, so I get
quite of bit of use from it. I’ve also collected motorcycle sayings over the years, and this
card features a computer-generated sentiment using one of those gems from my files. I use an
easy trick to add the illusion of movement to this image. Immediately after stamping the
image, while the black ink is still wet I simply drag a finger from the image, lightly smearing
ink behind it. (Caution- it might look like you’ve been fingerprinted until the ink wears off of
your fingers!) I found this scrap of silver envelope lining that I’d embossed several years ago. I 
think it was a Darice or Cuddlebug Embossing Folder but I can’t find it in my stash tonight. I
remember loaning it to someone… but don’t remember who... so I hope it returns home
someday because I do like how it looks on this card! My final bit of texture on the card is
actually real metal, as all the layers are attached with a simple stapler.   
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Rain Rain
Go Away (motorcycling in the rain can be  dangerous), Outlawz Monday Greeting Challenge-
Make It Masculine (although you don’t have to be a guy to enjoy motorcycles), and Pixies
Snippets (I used mainly scraps and upcycled items on this card.)  

Supplies: 
·   Cling Stamp- Deep Red Stamps (Motorcycle)
·   Colored with a few touches of Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens
·   Sentiment- Computer Generated
·   Upcycled scrap of South Dakota map, embossed silver cardstock from an old card, staples and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Pixie's Snippets-Week #408
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Rain Rain Go Away
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Make It Masculine
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Summer
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
STAMPlorations- Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge (August- Anything Goes)                        

An anniversary card made completely with free digis! The sentiments are from the Desert Diva
and the wine and strawberry image is from Beccy’s Place. (The original has wedding rings
sitting near the strawberries. However, I messed up when coloring them, so… they got
trimmed off!) Heart-shaped rhinestones add a bit of bling to the card.
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including Digi Doodle Studios: Favorite
Season/Time of the Year (I love winter and the fact that my sweet hubby and I get to celebrate
our wedding anniversary every December 30th just makes is more special. This year we’ll
celebrate 44 years of wedded bliss! Ummm, actually my hubby and I joke that it  will be 30
years of wedded bliss, 10 years of pretty good and four years of “What were we thinking?!!”)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Freebie (Wine Bottle & Wedding Rings)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- “Celebrate” a freebie from Desert Diva
·   Inside Sentiment-Happy Anniversary” a freebie from Desert Diva
·   Red Rhinestone Hearts- JoAnne’s
·   Cardstock, patterned paper, and scrapbook heart template from my stash.
Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Food and Drink)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #31 Anything Goes                      
Createful Heart Designs- Challenge #34 (July)
Digi Doodle Studios- #41 Favorite Season/Time of the Year 


8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. I do hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational design for your cards. Thanks for sharing your projects with us at Polkadoodles.
    Look forward to seeing you again.
    ×
    Nunzia

    ReplyDelete
  3. A visit to your blog is always a treat Kathy, and today is no different! I love what you've done with your vintage bakers. What a great card design! Love your fantastic embellishments too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy: Terrific cards! The window scene peeking to view the baking is very creative design formatting! Thanks for including Createful Heart Designs challenge blog in your links! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to cute!! Love the window!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Createful Heart Design challenge blog. We love to see your awesome projects in our next challenges!
    Diana DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. The window card is so sweet Kathy, great idea to layer the image behind. The striped paper looks fabulous... definitely reminds me of wall paper.
    Love the tip about adding "movement" to your stamped motorbike, that's a great idea! You've got me thinking about other types of images this would work with too. Thanks Kathy! Love the collage-look of this card, the mix of elements if fantastic... so much too look at!
    Your anniversary card is wonderful, you did an awesome job with the colouring. Those strawberries look ripe and ready to eat. Congratulations to you and hubby on your 30 years of bliss, 10 "not too bads" and, well, good on you for getting through those other four! ;)
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations. I love the bakers behind the windows. Thanks so much for sharing with us in our Digi Doodle Studios challenge. Good luck with your entry! Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards as always! I like them all! The wine bottle and strawberries is perfect for our all season challenge. Thank you for playing along with our challenge and best of luck with your entry. Nick DT Digi Doodle Studios Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!