Sunday, August 15, 2021

myasperations 8-15-21a

I had fun making cards for the Mason Jar Challenge at Double D’s with a Fiskars set named Vintage Jars. Paired with a beautiful Peony digi (a FREEBIE)  from Beccy’s Place plus a few sentiments from one of Beccy’s floral sets, I created a card that makes me think of my mom (she LOVED Peonies and they are one of my favorite Spring flowers!)  I wanted to use delicate colors on my card, so opted for a pretty mint patterned paper (a freebie) to create “wallpaper.” And since Beccy’s free Peony digi is a png file, I was able to layer it atop the “wallpaper” before stamping the jar in the correct place, coloring the peony with a pretty rose pink and shades of sage greens.  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Digi Doodle Studios (I like something about all the seasons, but in the places I’ve lived, the sight of peonies plus their wonderful fragrance on the breeze always announce the arrival of Spring. Since they are usually in bloom on Mother’s Day, that might just be the reason they were my mom’s favorite. I do remember that my five siblings and I  always made sure that mason jars overflowing with peonies decorated the house on Mom’s special day. This also meant that many uninvited guests… namely, ants… joined in the celebration!) and the Butterfly Challenge (used two of the colors- Russian Green and Rose Pink and one theme-butterfly.)
One added note- the pretty pink medallion die-cut on the inside of the card was included in a prize I won from Mrs. A at the Butterfly Challenge last year. I love its delicate elegance! (When I received it, I remembered that I had that very die in my collection. I need to remember to use it more often.) 
  
Supplies: 
·   Mason Jar Clear Stamp-Fiskars Set (Vintage Jars)
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Freebie 8-8-21 (Peony)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·  Pink Diecut- Spellbinders D-Lites Medallion 1
·  Free Pretty Things Papers-12 Free Scrapbook Papers (Vibrant Mint)
·  Sentiments from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Spring Tulips) Also available in cling-mount
· All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Mason Jars       
Butterfly Challenge- #160 R is for Rocker Card    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday-Flowers  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   
Digi Doodle Studios- #41 Favorite Season/Time of the Year 
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

I’ve had this fishing themed stamp in my collection since I co-owned a stamp shop in South Dakota back at the turn of the century (1998-2001.) Sadly, I don’t know the name of the company because I pulled the rubber from the wood years ago. I created the scene by using scraps of cloud stationery and blue cardstock, which I made into a lake with a ripple stamp and a few colors of blue ink. A black ink pad then helped me stamp the fishing crew, floating along on a beautiful day with their lines dropped into the depths of the cool blue water. The sentiments are computer-generated and embellished with fish cut from scrapbook paper.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode (I’m not sure a lake with fishing boats fit the theme “Nautical” but when located in the northcentral USA it’s about as nautical as we can get!)
It's a little hard to read the sentiments so I'll share it here- "If good things come to those who bait... I hope your birthday is a whopper!"
Supplies: 
·   Wood Stamp-Fishing (unknown company)

·   Stampscapes Rubber Stamp-Water Pattern

·   Colored with ink pads- black and several shades of blue

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Cloud Stationary, cardstock, and ink pads from my stash.

Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Happy Birthday
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Nautical

My final card for this post was so fun to make. It features a sweet “Chillin’ Bear” created by Tricia Veinot Moore, owner/artist of Little Scraps of Heaven. (Tricia is transitioning to a new shop, so her digis are available at reduced prices until the end of the year. There are hundreds of digis in her shop. Right now most are just $1 and you can find this one right now for Free! The link is in the supply list.) I colored the little ice cream lover with brown chalk and added texture with a blender marker.  The yummy background scene is from Scribbles Designs (one of 12 different building fronts- and one clock tower-created by Scribbles Designs talented artist/owner, Sandy S. The freebie sentiment adds a bit of snark to the card. (Heh heh!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Little Scraps of Heaven (Chillin’ Bear)
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Ice Cream Shoppe
·   Colored with chalks, Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens
·   Sentiment- Freebie from Ginger’s House (I scream… Ice cream)
·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources
·   Mini star punch, foam tape, patterned paper, and card stock from my stash
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Funny/Punny
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- In the Good Ol’ Summertime
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 691- Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #33 Anything Goes      

6 comments:

  1. Another lovely card for our challenge! So glad you joined in on the fun at Double D challenges. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another mason jar card. It's so pretty, Peonies are my favorite flower also.
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two beautiful peony bushes in my garden, a pale pink and a deeper pink and had masses of flower heads on them this year. I have some madon jar stamps in my collection as yet unused. So much in my stash and not enough time. I thought retirement meant just that instead my days are filled to the brim ! Thus is a lovely card for remembering your mum with. Thankyou fir coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous peony card Kathy, you've done a lovely job with the colouring. Thank you for sharing the story about your Mom and the tradition of filling the house with her favourite flowers on Mother's Day.
    The fishing card you created is wonderful and I love the fun sentiment. You did a great job combining the different elements to make a sunny scene for the fishermen.
    I love the last card in this post, the little bear is super cute and the sentiment is great fun! You've done a wonderful job with the colouring too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, I love it! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card for our challenge at Digidoodlestudios thanks for joining ud

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!