Saturday, July 31, 2021

myasperations 7-31-21

I haven’t entered any cards into the Sketch N Scrap challenge for a bit, but I really like the two July sketches so made some time today to create two cards.
The first sketch works perfectly with some items from my Patriotic collection of digis, dies and more. I especially enjoyed using a Star Border die that I’ve only used once before and love that I didn’t have to get my star punches out since the small stars from the border worked perfectly!   
Supplies: 

·   Patriotic Eagle digi- a Freebie from Create with TLC (no longer available)

·   Colored with Crayola fine line markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- upcycled from an old card in my Stampin’ Up! collection

·   Inside Sentiment- Happy 4th of July from a Polkadoodles set

·   Star Border Die- Marianne Design

·   Star stencil/template and all other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Sketch N Scrap-Card Sketch #197     
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #501-502 Anything Goes      
              
I’d created a cute Christmas tag with a sticker assortment that a friend recently gave me, and when I saw that the second sketch features a tag I quickly put it to use!  Ribbons and assorted dies, plus some patterned paper helped pull the brightly colored card together. Fun!
Supplies: 

·   Front tag sentiment and Red Boots- EchoPark’s A Cozy Christmas Element Sticker Set

·   Inside Sentiment- “Merry” from Stampin Up! Thinlits Expressions Dies (retired set)

·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set

·   Scraps of ribbon (satin, sheer, lime green velvet and printed HoHoHo) and assorted papers from my stash.

Entered into: 
Sketch N Scrap-Card Sketch #198   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #553 AG
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Dies and/or Punches)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Cute Card ThursdayChallenge 690- Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I LOVE how you used the sketches on these cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for dropping off your art at the bi-weekly challenge - it is always a pleasure and honor to have you join in on the challenge - I wish you the best in the draw for a fabulous prize - Have a blessed day - Gail ~ DT WAW my blog I love Paper https://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Kathy. Thank you for entering the Include A Reindeer Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!