Wednesday, July 14, 2021

myasperations 7-14-21

I was asked to be a Guest DT at Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge, and was excited for the opportunity, especially because it introduced me to a company that is new to me. Named Free Pretty Things For You (FPTFY), this company offers a treasure trove of clip art and patterned papers, and many of them are free! The snowy background paper on this card is from a set of freebies (six different designs) named “Winter Wonderland.” The Yeti digis are from Oddball Art. I brought the two cuties to life with Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. (The challenge requires the use of one warm tone and two cool tones from the color wheel. The Yeti’s pink cheeks fit the warm tone, and the blues and teals provide the cool base!) To help the Yeti on the card front stand out, I layered it atop a piece of a blue plastic index divider sheet. (These wonderful items- sometimes called document file folders- come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but they are easy to fussy-cut with a sharp pair of scissors.) The card was finished with computer-generated sentiments and a flurry of die-cut snowflakes!
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Oddball Art Digi Set (Funny Yeti Faces)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Free Winter Wonderland Digital Paper you can find HERE
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Snowflakes- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)
·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set
·   Cardstock, scrap of a blue plastic index divider sheet and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- (Color Wheel- 2 cool, I warm)      
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes 
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 690- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Fur, Feathers or Fins

I used another of the free papers from the Winter wonderland set, in a rustic worn wood pattern, for my second monochromatic card. The sentiment is one I’ve had in my collection for a few decades. I don’t have a clue of its source… but am thinking I jotted it down from a vintage Christmas card that my mom had in her craft stash. (She’d been collecting cards and other items for nearly 5 decades. I know that they might now be referred to as “ephemera”… but I call them treasures!) A sprinkling of clear gems adds some bling to the lovely die-cut snowflakes, some of them are heart-shaped to reflect the inside sentiment… which is so beautiful!
 
Supplies: 
·   Free Winter Wonderland Digital Paper you can find HERE
·   Computer-Generated Sentiment (source unknown)
·   Silver Self-Adhesive Photo Corners- JoAnnes Fabric
·   Clear gems, Heart-shaped and round- JoAnnes Fabric
·   Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)
·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #160 Christmas in July
Di’s Digi Stamps- Christmas in July
Incy Wincy Designs- Enchanted Garden and/or Christmas in July  
Cute As A Button- July: CH #70 Anything Goes + (Option) Use Punch and/or Die
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Add Sparkle
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #499-500 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #550 AG
 
Back in 2016 I made a Tinkerbelle card. I found a photo of it recently and decided it was time to make another one. So I looked on Pinterest where I had found the original that inspired my card… and I found it HERE. The cardmaker mentions being inspired by a Disney movie poster, so I searched a bit and found “The Secret of the Wings” poster HERE. To make the wings, I copied the poster image into word, reduced it to card size, and printed it off. Then I created the beautiful Tink with bits and pieces of paper and vellum from my scrap box. First, I traced her wings, and their lacy veins onto vellum scraps with a white gel pen, smudging the ink occasionally. When finished, I cut them out and covered the white ink side with sparkly clear sticky paper (which I've had in my stash since I owned a small stamp store in 2001. Yep… it’s old but still sticky! I think that you could also use clear packing tape dusted with a wee bit 'o glitter for a similar look.) I traced around Tinks image so that the sizing was appropriate for the wings, then paper pieced the body, leaf dress, and hair with cardstock scraps. A few scraps of brown became shiny hair and a perky bun when I added texture with watercolor pencils and a white gel pen.
I gave this card to an amazing young woman who is a valued member of my prevention team while also being a full-time college student. In truth, Kenzie reminds me a bit of Tinkerbelle, as she is playful yet also very passionate when she throws herself into the many tasks she undertakes. And magical? Oh yeah! You should see how she makes our social media platforms sparkle with color and impact. I loved Kenzie's bright smile when I gave her the card earlier today, and can just imagine that Tinkerbell is already comfortably perched in a place of honor at her apartment. (Tink might even have enough spunk to keep her curious cat, Jeffry, at bay!)
Supplies:
·   Paper-Pieced Tinkerbelle inspired by Disney Movie Poster
·   Colored with Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils and Sakura Gelly Roll white pen
·   Freestanding card is a variation of a fold I found HERE.
·   Galaxy background cardstock- Hobby Lobby
·   Sentiment- Computer Generated
·   Scraps of vellum, cardstock and sparkly sticker paper from my stash.
Entered into: 
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- The Open Road (my card is inspired by the mention of fairy folk) 
The Paper Shelter- Girly
Pixie's Snippets-Week #407
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #28 Anything Goes                     
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- July

12 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the challenges at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas and The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonerful cards, love the last one. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Have a good day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. All cards are so beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Anything goes card making and crafting challenge – Week 28.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, your tinkerbell is beautiful - what gorgeous wings. Thanks for joining in at Snippets Playground,
    Katrina x
    (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute cards. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your guest design stop. These cards are all very stunning. Thank you for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Her wings are spectacular! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge. I hope we'll see you again soon. Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 28 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely projects Kathy. Thank you so much for joining us at Cute as a Button Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Wendy Batchen DT for https://cuteasabuttonchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Kathy - gosh I do love those sparkling wings!

    Apologies for being late commenting.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!