Thursday, July 1, 2021

myasperations 7-1-2021

It’s the first of the month which means it’s time for a challenge at QKR Stampede which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Stop by the challenge and maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself?
My DT card features a QKR flag dig on the front, and a Eureka sentiment on the inside. The computer-generated sentiment on the front of the card is adorned with banners made from several snippets (scraps) of red, white, and blue patterned papers (I just couldn’t throw these little gems away!) The card front and inside sentiment also have a bit of bling, thanks to silver holographic star stickers. (Being a die-hard up cycler, I even made extra outline stars by fussy-cutting around the star shape left in the silver backing after removing the sticker. A little tedious, but I love the look of these delicate- and FREE- stars! The addition of Stickles increases the sparkle factor.
 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- QKR Digital Stamp (Waving Flag) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Stickles- Star Dust (dotted amid the star stickers)
·   Front Sentiment- Computer Generated
·   Inside Sentiment - Eureka Digital Stamp (Celebrate with a Bang) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Red photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 13 Sheets 13 Colors Photo Mounting Corners)
·   A2 star cutout card, paper scraps and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Pixie's Snippets-Week #406

I enjoy being a DT for QKR not only because of their huge assortment of images but also because they have tons of excellent sentiments that I use regularly on cards. For this post, I’m sharing two of those cards.
 
The first features an embossed floral wreath stamp from PSX. It was one of the first wood mount stamps that I ever purchased and I was sad to see the company close its doors quite a while ago. I love coloring embossed images because they look so elegant and it is easy to “color between the lines”! The front and inside sentiment are both from Eureka Stamps.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (I used several of the required colors and also featured a sentiment from the challenge Sponsor!) 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- PSX (Floral Wreath) Company no longer in business
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Blessings) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (I am so Thankful) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 13 Sheets 13 Colors Photo Mounting Corners)
·   Parchment card stock, scrapbook paper, gold pigment ink and embossing powder from my stash.
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #497-498 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- (use three colors)       
        Since I’m a DT for Eureka/Stamp On It (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

My last card first features a Eureka sentiment on the inside (it includes sweet little flowers that enhance the love theme on the front of the card… and the Scribbles Designs freebie sentiment/speech bubble heart! PS Scribbles offers lots of fun freebies. Click HERE to start scrolling through their treasure trove.) The cute malt-shop couple digi from The Paper Shelter is the freebie this month at the Outlaws Progressive Challenge. So fun!  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Paper Shelter (after seeing the new challenge theme, I added dots to the heart on the girl's hair bungy and also the “!” in the front sentiment speech bubble!) and the Outlawz Monday Challenge (my card has lots of pink and touches of grey in the shading and her hair.) PS I just had to color the little guys cap and jacket in Green Bay Packers colors, because I think that might just be a requirement of living in Wisconsin!
 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (Sharing is Caring) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Front Sentiment- Scribbles Designs Freebie (Love!)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (You’re Special) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Box of colored A2 cards with white envelopes- Hobby Lobby
·   Cardstock and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Progressive Freebie May- The Paper Shelter (Sharing is Caring)          
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Colour: Pink & Grey
The Paper Shelter- Going Dotty
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 690- Anything Goes
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #101 Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy I hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I do feel better after a good nights sleep, and lower pollen count this AM after some rain. So got my cards posted!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful cards Kathy - your snippets entry is a showstopper - just perfect! It reminds me of cheerleaders for some reason.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!