Friday, July 16, 2021

myasperations 7-16-21

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is also an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is Hetty Clare and my DT card uses a wonderful digi named Birthday Chef with Candles. One reason I love using digis is that I can change the size of the image on my cards. For this card, I enlarged the digi, then cropped it to fit snuggly upon an A2-sized card front. To provide the card with a crisp, clean feeling, I kept my coloring to a minimum with lots of white, adding the candle glow with die-cut circles of yellow and white vellum. The balloons “tied” to the freebie sentiment on the inside of the card were also created with circles of vellum.
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Hetty Clare Digital Stamp (Birthday Chef with Candles)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- loveSVG Freebie (Happy Birthday)
·   Balloon strings added with a Sharpie black permanent fine-line marker
·   Inside Sentiment - We Are 3 Christmas Sentiment can be found HERE.
·   Cardstock, vellum scraps and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #499-500 Anything Goes                   
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 690- Anything Goes
Besties Challenge- July Anything Goes

This delicate Sympathy card features a Bugaboo image and an Imagine That sentiment. I wanted the card to have an elegant look, so used rich colors, plus a few strips of ribbon that include beautiful stripes of satin and gold thread. The delicate vellum butterfly is from a free set of digi butterflies that I found on a website a few years ago. I like printing them on vellum to add a bit of translucent realism. After fussy-cutting and attaching the butterfly to the card, I cut a body/head from a scrap of black paper that has a fuzzy texture (upcycled from an old card.) I added antennae with a fine-line Sharpie black marker (after first sketching them with pencil to determine size and placement.) 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Butterfly Challenge (two colors- Quick Sand/Light Yellow and Quince/Green, plus two themes-Quarts Gem and  a butterfly), Outlawz  Monday Greeting Challenge- Add Sparkle (One single crystal gem adds a touch of sparkle to the candle flame), Incy Wincy Designs- Enchanted Garden (gardens are often filled with flowers and butterflies that add a magical touch to any environment!) and  Outlawz Color Challenge- (I used two cool colors- teal and blue, plus two warm ones- yellow and pink. Since the challenge noted 1 warm color,I wasn’t sure I could use more than that number. So feel free to delete this entry from the draw if that isn’t allowed!)

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Bugaboo Stamps (Thoughts and Prayers Candle)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Pastel Vellum Butterfly- Freebie available from HERE
·   Butterfly antennae added with a Sharpie black permanent fine-line marker
·   Inside Sentiment- Imagine That Digistamps set (Sentimental Thoughts)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Butterfly Challenge- #159 Q is for Quad Easel    
Bugaboo Stamps- July Anything Goes  
Incy Wincy Designs- Enchanted Garden
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- (Color Wheel- 2 cool, I warm)       
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Add Sparkle 
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a really elegant looking card for the occasion needed. thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden for this challenge. Hug Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!