Thursday, July 15, 2021

myasperations 7-15-21

It’s the middle of the month which means it’s time for a challenge at QKR Stampede which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Stop by the challenge and maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself?
Since there are so many “Christmas in July” challenges right now, my DT card features a QKR winter scene named Snowy Cabin. The snowy background paper is a freebie from a company named Free Pretty Things For You (FPTFY), which offers a treasure trove of patterned papers (and many of them are free!)  The one on this card is from a set of freebies (six different designs) named “Winter Wonderland.” 
To give my card a monochromatic-ish, rustic feeling, I printed the snowy background in greyscale.I decided to make an easel card (the tutorial in my supplies list is super easy!) And the card was finished with computer-generated sentiments and a flurry of die-cut snowflakes embellished with sparkly stickers!
I'm entering this card into several challenges, including one that is brand new to me! It's called Christmas Craft Creations challenge and there are four fabulous prizes offered for the current Anything Goes Challenge. (Check it out... and if you enter a card, and say that Kathy at myasperations sent you, we'll both get an extra entry in the drawing!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- QKR Digital Stamp (Snowy Cabin) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Colored with Decorative Chalks and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 
·   Free Winter Wonderland Digital Paper you can find HERE 
·   Computer-Generated Sentiment (source unknown) 
·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  
·   Snowflake Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Snowflakes- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)
·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set
·   Stickles- Star Dust (dotted amid the snowflake dies and sticker)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #160 Christmas in July
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #499-500 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #550 AG
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- July Anything Goes  
Digi Doodle Studios- #40 Christmas In July 
      Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Twist- Christmas in July)

I enjoy being a DT for QKR not only because of their huge assortment of images, but also
because they have tons of excellent sentiments that I use regularly on cards. This card features
one that I use often!  I first embossed the pretty floral border which is from one of the first SU
sets I bought… back before the turn of the century. Oh… that makes me sound old. I mean 
before 2000!) After coloring the image, the red from one of the roses bled a bit. I tried to fix it 
with a blender pen… which just made it worse. Finally decided to just pull the red near all the
roses with the blender pen adding a light wash of color. It sorta worked… but took me a while
to get the red out of my blender pen tip!
Okay, next up-the digi sentiment. An oval template from my scrapbook stash, and a scrap of
brushed gold which enhances the gold embossing takes care of the task. After adhering it, I
decided that the card looked unbalanced (the strip of white cardstock at the bottom of the card
front looked bare!) So, I fussy-cut around it, adhered a strip of the shiny gold paper behind it,
added a few delicate swirls with my white gel pen to tone the red color wash down a bit and my
card was finished! (I left the inside empty so I could use it for several occasions.)
I'm entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (I
used two colors from the color wheel, blue and green, and one warm- the culprit- RED!)
Supplies:
·   Wood-mount Floral Border stamp- Stampin’ Up! (retired)
·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Thinking of You) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Cardstock, gold Pigment ink, gold embossing powder and gold paper from my stash
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Emboss It
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday- Thinking of You    
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- (Color Wheel- 2 cool, I warm)      
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Kathy! Love the little winter scene on the Christmas card and the soft colours you used on the "Thinking of you" card. The red might have been a pain on your blender pen but it really works on the card! Great job!
    Thanks for joining us on The Outlawz Colour Challenge, always love having you with us.
    Jacqui
    DT for The Outlawz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning creation! Thank you for sharing the resources to the paper and the easel card tutorial. I've always wanted to make one but never knew how. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great design! I am happy you found our challenge. Your easel card is fabulous, and the touches of sparkle are lovely. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Christmas card. Love the monochromatic feel. Thanks for joining us for the challenge over at Christmas Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! What an awesome card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!