Sunday, May 30, 2021

myasperations 5-30-21

May is a busy time for me as I provide drug prevention lessons to students in local high school health classes… which I love! But that doesn’t allow much time for stamping. So I was only able to make one card to enter into the current Double D’s Flower of the Month Challenge. I chose (July) Delphinium, and used a beautiful pre-colored vintage scene as my base, adding a few lovely stems of Delphinium that I printed off, colored, and fussy-cut. A bit of pink twine, computer-generated sentiment and two pretty gem butterflies finish the card.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Butterfly Challenge-I used one Color (New York Pink) and one Theme ( Butterfly)and the Path Of Positivity Challenge- Change Your Environment (My bucket list includes living, or at least vacationing, in a little cottage someday. One with a flower garden would be wonderful and one with a flower garden near the sea would be heaven on earth!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Freebie from the Graphics Fairy (Vintage Birthday Cottage)  
·   Delphinium Digi- Freebie from the ClipArt ETC HERE
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Gem butterflies- Hobby Lobby
·   Vellum, pink twine, and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Flower of the Month (July-Dec) 
Butterfly Challenge- #15 Napkin Fold   
The Paper Shelter- Embellishments
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Twine  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #91 (Optional Twist- Change Your Environment)

The May Outlawz Progressive Challenge features this fun digi named Bertha’s Bread Baking Bonanza. I loved having Bertha help me create a card for this month’s Rudolph Challenge. The sentiments are both freebies from one of my favorite go-to sites for unique sentiments. (You can sign up for their newsletter and learn about freebies and special deals on their wonderful sentiments and digis.) 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Cute Card Thursday (Optional Critters- Betha has an audience of one watching her!) and Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge (Bertha’s audience has whiskers, a soft fur coat and purrs!)  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dr Digi House of Stamps (Berthas Bread Baking Bonanza)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Patterned Christmas Paper- JoAnne’s Crafts
·   Front and Inside Sentiments- LoveSVG Freebies available HERE
·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Progressive Freebie May
Rudolph Days Challenge- May    
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 688- Anything Goes (Optional Critters)
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #21 Anything Goes                       
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #544 AG

My final card this post took some time to make, but I do love the result. It features a sweet freebie image from Beccy’s Place named "Quilted Horse." I printed the digi onto sheets of different colored patterned paper, fussy-cut, then paper pieced the little cutie. The sentiments are computer generated and embellished with puffy heart stickers and a scrap of pink satin ribbon. I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Monday Greeting Challenge (the sweet pony has a bit of satin ribbon!)

 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Freebie (Quilted Horse)
·   Created with assorted patterned papers
·   Shading and highlights added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s from WalMart (113 assorted puffy hearts for just 99 cents!)
·   Satin ribbon and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- May  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May                        
Incy Wincy Designs- For Baby and/or Balloons or Sweets
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Ribbon, Lace and/or Pearls
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #493-494 Anything Goes  
                 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards as always Kathy, well done! I love the first card you created, the little cottage in the background is divine and I love the pretty delphiniums. I have to concur wholeheartedly with your dream of living in a little cottage by the seaside with a beautiful flower garden. The only addition I would add is that the weather must be warm all year round.
    Your Christmas card is awesome, I love the image of Bertha and her little cat. You've done a fabulous job with the colouring too.
    Your final card definitely looks like a labour of love. The colours you chose are fabulous, as are both the sentiments, and I really like the large satin ribbon you added. Gorgeous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas card for the Rudolp[h days Challenge is a hoot! That image is really something.

    I chuckled when I read the inside sentiment too!
    Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Your card is wonderful and such a fun image too.
    Great papers used and what great sentiment.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card such a lovely image and those flowers look superb thank you for joining our challenge at THE PAPER SHELTER this week
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card design for your entry at Polkadoodles Challenge blog. Love the other ones too.
    ×
    Nunzia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs.
    DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Kathy. The first one reminds me of a postcard that I remember my Nana had in her house. Thank you for entering the Change Your Environment Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful selection of cards. Love the first one very much so delicate looking. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!