Wednesday, May 26, 2021

myasperations 5-26-21

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!
For this challenge, my DT card features an adorable digi set from Stamper’s Delight. Instead of making a card, I decided to create a tag that I can attach to a pink or white gift bag.  Both of the sentiments on the tag are from the set and the wonderful birthday banner sentiment is a freebie from Decosses Dynamite Doodles(You can find lots of wonderful papers and sentiments on their site, many are free. Find the link in the supplies list.)  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Scribbles Designs Challenge- #100 Add It Up (in honor of their 100th challenge, they provided a listing of items with point values. My card features the  following items to reach 100: Patterned Paper-20 pts (2 @ 10 pts-birthday, dotted aqua), Solid Paper-10 pts (white background), Frame-5 pts (line around background), Cardstock-15 (3 @ 5 pts= pink, wine and teal), Digi Image-10 pts, Used Ink-5 pts (white gel pen), Add a Tag-5 pts (on package), Sentiment-10 (2 @ 5 pts), SNoir Markers-5 pts, Matting-8 (4 @ 2 pts= pink, wine, teal and dotted aqua), Ribbon-2 pts, Twine- Ribbon-2 pts, Bow- Ribbon-2 pts (on Surprise tag). Other embellies-1 pt (layered surprise tag)

Supplies: 
·   Digi and sentiments- Stamper’s Delight Digi Set (Chibi It's A Girl)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Copic Markers, Sharpie black fine-line marker, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Patterned Paper- Freebie from Decosses Dynamite Doodles (Birthday Banner Paper)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Incy Wincy Designs- For Baby and/or Balloons or Sweets
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #100 Add It Up
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Twine  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

A recent challenge at wecraftcards is to make a "Book Binding" card. This was a new fold for me and this was a new fold to me... and one that I will definitely use again. (You can find instructions HERE.) For some reason the fold makes me thank of Asian art. So I dug through my stash of origami paper for inspiration. I discovered that my stash is getting a little slim, but there were several nice-sized scraps so I decided to make them into a "scene." After adding a “moon” made with a small piece of gold paper, the card front still looked a little sparse, I used additional scraps to make a beautiful Asian paper doll. She adds the perfect addition to the card!
Supplies: 
·   Asian Paper Doll Pattern found HERE.
·   Front Sentiment- from my scrapbook stash (unknown source)

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Asian Gold coin, scraps of ribbon and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  Book Binding Card
Pixie's Snippets-Week #403
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Book Binding Card  
Besties Challenge- May Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #21 Anything Goes                       

My final card for this posting is for one of my favorite challenges called the Butterfly Challenge. The sponsor, Mrs. A, is a talented stamper is who also so very generous with her challenge prizes. For this card I used a few dies and cardstock from my stash. Plus a freebie sentiment from a set from Simply Cards Magazine. (Register at the link in the supply list below for access to hundreds of free digis, sentiments, patterns, templates and more.) 

For my card I used two of the Butterfly Challenge Colors- Naples Yellow and New York Pink and one theme-Butterfly.

Supplies: 

·   Diecut Sentiment- Memory Box Happy Birthday

·   Butterfly Die- Xcut small butterfly

·   Inside Sentiments- Simply Crafts 171-Bonus sentiment downloads found HERE  

·   All other papers from my stash.

Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #493-494 Anything Goes
Di’s Digi Stamps- Birthday Wishes
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May           
             

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. It is just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Kathy - I particularly love your snippets one - so pretty.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, all great cards but love your baby girl card and with such pretty ribbon detail at the top. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy for our Baby/Balloons/Sweet challenge at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got quite side tracked on your geshia girl card and nearly missed the butterfly card for my challenge. Love both of the cards. The simplicity of the die cut sentiment and butterfly in silhoutte looks striking. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable image for a baby girl card. Thank you for entering the For A Baby and/or Balloons or Sweets Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job Kathy. Thanks for taking the time and effort to join us, not only once, but twice during this particularly challenging challenge! Your project turned out wonderful. Oh and hey, thanks for using one of my digi papers in your design! :)

    Thanks so much for entering your creation into our recent challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw.

    ☺Lisa D.
    DT Member for The Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!
    Owner & Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!