Friday, May 21, 2021

myasperations 5-21-21

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is from Star Jam Lines, and I’m sharing a Christmas card that features a sweet digi image from Star Jam Lines. I colored the cute little gnome with Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. The card base is made with colorful Christmas cookie patterned paper and embellished with gingerbread cookies fussy-cut from the paper. The inside sentiment is a freebie from LoveSVG.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Home Sweet Home (making Christmas cookies is a tradition from my childhood that is now part of our family tradition) and Incy Wincy Designs (no other sweets seem as sweet as those enjoyed during the holidays!)
                                
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Star Jam Lines (Gnome Cooks)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- LoveSVG Freebie (Cookies for Santa)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #158 Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs- For Baby and/or Balloons or Sweets
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Home Sweet Home
 
I remember when I was in college and also as a newlywed, wishing I could send cards to loved ones but tight budgets made that difficult. So, I love making handmade cards to give as gifts, especially for Graduations and Weddings. I create a gift bag, and fill it with handmade cards for all occasions and holiday, plus lots of “thinking of you” and “miss you” type cards, too. This gift is guaranteed to be one-of-a-kind! And since I have a ton of supplies on hand, I can give a nice packet of cards easily worth $50-$60 (or more) and not break our budget. Win-win! This cute Easter card will be part of a gift pack for a staff member who is getting married next month. Since he comes from a close-knit family, I know that he and his new wife will appreciate putting the gift to use!
Supplies: 
·   Pre-colored Digi- The Paper Shelter (My Bunny Pal)
·   Shaded with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and highlighted with Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Front Sentiment- “Sending You Lottsa Love” from Imagine That (Panda Love Drops)
·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy Easter” Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Easter Joy)
·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s from WalMart (113 assorted puffy hearts for just 99 cents!)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- For the Boys/Male
Bugaboo Stamps- May Week 3 Anything Goes  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Baby Animals
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

I inherited a box of vintage cards from my mom and I love using them because she was the queen of upcycling (although we didn’t call it that 50 years ago. She called herself a child of the depression!) Mom loved flowers, especially the Lilies of the Valley and Violets that grew in abundance in her small flower beds every spring. So the lovely violets on this card warmed my heart. I found the sweet little Hello wood mount when looking for the Hydrangea I used on the last card and decided it would be the perfect greeting for this card which I will send to a family friend who will love being reminded of my sweet mom!
 
Supplies: 
·   Upcycled vintage card front.
·   Wood Mount Hello Stamp- Eureka Arts (Company no longer in business)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-Monochrome (Purples)   
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #491-492 Anything Goes                   
Jan’s Digi Stamps- May 2021 Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous collection of cards! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Catch the Bug this week- what a lovely idea to give a collection of your cards as a gift to friends and family- I'm sure they are very much appreciated.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card and thank you for using one of our images as well. Thank you so much for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again soon.

    Vannessa DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous array of cards, Kathy! The Christmas gnome is adorable and what a great gift to give your staff member, I'm sure they'll appreciate the handmade cards. And finally, those flowers are just gorgeous, you mum will be thrilled that you've made good use of her stash.
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Outlawz Colour Challenge.
    Jacqui
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous feminine vintage upgrade Kathy!! Love that they are family cards. Thank you for sharing your heart warming creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and happy crafting! Join us again in September for our NEW challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Kathy. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas card. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!