Saturday, May 15, 2021

myasperations 5-14-21 (May 2fers!)

One of my favorite monthly challenges is called the "Twofer Card Challenge" which requires the use of the exact same stamp or die to make two cards with distinctly different designs for two different occasions. The April Challenge is "Cupcakes/Cake.” I don’t have any cupcake stamps… but I do have one cute cupcake die and had fun being creative with it!
Supplies: 
Happy Birthday cupcake die- Cottage Cutz
Entered into: 
Twofer Card Challenge- #38 Cake or Cupcakes

My first card features the Happy Birthday Cupcake Die, scraps of yummy patterned paper and a fun sentiment digi from Scribbles Designs (that sounds like a command to me… and one to which I would quickly so, “Okay!”) I did create the inside cupcake by cutting scraps of white and pink cardstock with the die, clipping them apart then piecing one cupcake back together with a pink cupcake liner and white frosting.  I added a little texture to the cupcake frosting with Liquid Pearls plus used fine tip colored markers to color the little sprinkle holes. 

 
Supplies: 
·   Happy Birthday cupcake die- Cottage Cutz
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Eat Cake)

·   Cupcake frosting-Liquid Pearls (White Opal)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Use Dies
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #491-492 Anything Goes                   
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #686 Embellish
Pattie's Creations Challenge- #182 Birthday (May)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May                        
 
I trimmed the cupcake from the die to create my second card. The sweet sheep digi on the front enables me to enter this card into the current challenge at Scribbles Designs named “Sheep Thrills.” (I love punny titles!) The humorous inside sentiment is a freebie that rings with truth for me… possibly because I really like cupcakes… and chocolate… and cheesecake… and… the list goes on 😊! I created the multicolored and textured cupcake by cutting scraps of yellow, pink, and red cardstock with the die, clipping them apart then piecing one cupcake with a yellow cupcake liner, pink frosting, and cute little red cherry topper.  I added a little texture to the frosting by covering the pink "frosting" with any glue that dries clear (I used Elmers) then cutting a few long thin strips of colored cards and clipping them into very find "sprinkles" which I then dropped onto the wet glue a pinch as a time. When dry, they look quite yummy (but then I love sprinkles!) The final touches to the card were to add a bit of glitter to the frosting and to decorate the inside sentiment with a few little cupcakes fussy-cut from the patterned paper  that was leftover from the first card. 

Supplies: 
·   Happy Birthday cupcake die- Cottage Cutz
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Wooly Thoughtful)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   
Stickles- Star Dust (on frosting and cherry)

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Ginger’s House (Losing Weight)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #99 Sheep Thrills
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- May 2021 Anything Goes    

My last card features three digis from Scribbles Designs. The first is a wonderful ice cream shop that was fun to bring to life with bright colors. The other two digis I used are both freebies from Scribbles- a handsome sheep named Wooly Wink is looking trendy in aviator sunglasses (which I glued atop a scrap of teal cardstock that I then trimmed and perched atop his nose with a few small squares of foam tape.) I added a little dimension to Wooley by adding swirls with a light grey marker. I wasn’t sure what sentiment to use inside until I found this freebie from LoveSVG. I love how it fits the laid-back feeling of this sunglass-wearing cutie plus the word chill goes perfectly with the ice cream theme. The final fun addition to the card was to perch another pair of sunglasses perch on the corner of the sentiment. Ta-Da and Ta-Done!
 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Ice Cream Shoppe)  
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs Freebies (Wooly Wink) and (Sunglasses)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- LoveSVG Freebie (Summer Chillin’)
·   Patterned Paper- Imagine That (Ice Cream Parlour Set) No longer available

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #99 Sheep Thrills
Besties Challenge- May Anything Goes
Let’s Craft and Create- Ch #171

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, Comical but so true! Love your card! Thank you for sharing your sweet creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting! Join us again in September for a NEW Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, CUTE cards Kathy and I love all the sprinkles on the cupcakes and of course the puny sentiments too! Thanks so much for sharing these sweet cards with us at the Twofer Challenge!! Now I think I need to go work on being taller!! Haha!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three delightful cards, as always, Kathy! Of course, I am most in love with that humorous sheep design and that very, very funny inside sediment (and I know all about dreaming about cupcakes😂)! I have written that sediment down on a note in the Playhouse and I intend to tell everyone about my new 'diet concept!' You're a hoot! I also love your classic and colorful first card with that perfect cupcake pp! Thank you for playing in TCC #38! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously fun sheep, Kathy, and I love what you did with the cupcake die on both cards! Time for a DT hat - Thanks for playing in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps this month. Good luck and we hope to see you playing again in September, after our summer break. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to trim the cupcake from the die cut, Kathy. Very smart and inovative use of the die. The sheep dreaming of cupcake is so funny. You have placed the sentiment with the cupcake on the perfect patterned paper. Fabulous Twofer! The sheep standing before the ice cream shop makes me smile. I like the inside of all thre cards. Thank you for playing with us at TCC #38. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Kathy.
    Love the addition of the sunnies to the sheep.
    Thank you for entering the Sheep Thrills Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to sharing with us your beautiful projet
    Marie dt besties international

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!