Sunday, May 16, 2021

myasperations 5-15-21

I apologize that this posting is a day late. I hope life settles down to a regular schedule soon!
I'm also not sure why Blogger is doing weird formatting again. :(
 
The middle of the month, so time for another challenge at QKR Stampede!  Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? This week I’m thinking ahead to summer, hoping to get to spend time with friends and family this year!
I love this adorable Eureka Stamps digi image appropriately named “Beach Girl.” I had fun creating a touch of realism to the image by coloring the floaty so that you can see the little bathing beauties silhouette through it. It took a little time and planning but I love the effect. After coloring, I fussy cut the image and adhered it free sheet music that I found on the web (for an Accordion. So fun!) I tore a few scraps of tan paper into strips and adhered them across the bottom of the page to create the look of sand.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Sisterhood of Crafters (I’m not
using the typical example of spots and stripes, but hope my card qualifies? The spots are on 
the floaty and the stripes are within the musical score!), Cute Card Thursday  and CCC Digi
Creations (my embellishment- and sheen-is adding Glossy Accents to the floaty sea monster!),
Time Out Challenge (this little cutie looks like she is dancing in her floaty before she jumps in
the ocean and paddle/floats away!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Beach Girl) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sheet Music- Central Texas Accordion Association Tune Book 2010 (HERE)
·   Glossy Accents- adds a translucent shine to Floaty
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
     Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #158 Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Spots and Stripes (must have BOTH)
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #686 Embellish
TIME OUT Challenge- #187 Move    (Photo)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #19 Anything Goes                      
CCC Digi Creations- #125 Add Sparkle or Shine

The current challenge at wecraftcards Forum is named “Mask It.” I mainly use digi stamps 
these days, so did some digging in my rubber stamp collection for inspiration and found this
pretty hydrangea. I then used a stamping technique that I haven’t used in a long time named
“Marker stamping.” Mainly it involves using a bold stamp and zero coloring as large juicy 
markers are used to apply ink directly on the stamps. For my “mask,” I used a few paper
doilies, cut in half and attached along the base of a 4¼ by 11½ strip of cardstock with a few
small dots of adhesive. I colored the hydrangea with purple and green Marvy markers,
stamping them over the edge of the “masks.” To add more fullness to the flowers I stamped
each bunch a second time before coloring them with fresh ink. When finished, I sponged a bit
of grey ink along the lacy tops of the doilies, allowing their intricate pattern to show through.
The delicate butterflies are from a free set of digi butterflies that I found on a website a few
years ago. I like printing them on vellum to add a bit of translucent realism. After fussy-cutting
and attaching the butterflies to the card, I used a pencil to lightly add their bodies,  heads, and
antennae. When the size and placement looked right, I drew over the pencil lines with a fine-
line Sharpie black marker.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says (I’m thinking a doily mask
might count as a stencil? If not… please delete my entry!), The Paper Shelter (I’m also thinking
a bunch of hydrangeas might count as a shape card? If not… please delete my entry!) and The
Path of Positivity Challenge (flowers, in a bouquet or growing in the ground, add beauty to any
environment and also lift my spirits! Butterflies add a beautiful addition to any flower garden.)
Supplies: 
·   Wood Mount Stamps- Hydrangea (Rubber Stampede) Company no longer in business
·   Colored with large Marvy Markers (purple and green)
·   Details added with a grey stamp pad (sponged on edging and lacy sections of doily masks)
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Vellum Butterflies- Freebie available from HERE
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Mask It!  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Stencil It
The Paper Shelter- #46 Shape Card
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #491-492 Anything Goes                   
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #91 (Twist- Change Your Environment)
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous happy card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a super image for our challenge! The music paper you used fits perfectly as well. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty image. Beautiful design for your card.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles Challenge blog and hope to see you again.
    x
    Nunzia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully coloured image Kathy. I also have "solid colour" floaties when I colour images. They way you coloured it looks adds more interest. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, your hydrangea shaped card is fabulous! I love the addition of the lacy doilies and the butterflies. This is definitely a wonderful environment to head for! Thank you for sharing your lovely card at the Path of Positivity this month, x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!