Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Fun Folds

I wanted to make my last entry for the current Food and/or Drink challenge a special one. So… I made a card that depicted chocolate And, to add to its charm, I had to force myself to eat a handful of Hershey's kisses to create it! Oh… the horror!  I used the wrappers, and one of the little labels, to create an iris fold work of art. (I found the template here- stampingwithbluemooncreations.com/Kisses%20Iris%20Folded%20Template.jpg)
Flattening, cutting and then folding the foil wrappers was a bit tedious, but I do love the results. Because the iris fold needed a thick backing, I used a scrap of glossy red cardboard that I upcycled from a notebook. I attached that to a black and white patterned card front with a stapler, which worked well with the silver foil and the pattern in the background paper. Am not sure if I'll make this into a Valentines Day or wedding shower card. Might depend on which one I need first. Now, I need to go and hide the rest of the bag of kisses. Or, better yet, I'd better ask my husband to hide them. He's much better at that than I am! 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Food and/or Drink          (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Let It Shine                       (wecraftcards.com/forum)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge                            (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

When I saw the theme for the current Cute Card Thursday challenge, I knew that I had to pull out my origami dress pattern again. What little girl doesn't like dressing up? (You can find the pattern here delyscram.com/2012/04/05/dress-card) I used a feminine flowered paper to make the dress and added a delicate embossed floral frame on pink vellum behind the dress. Haven't used my brass stencils for, like, EVER. But it added the perfect touch here. The computer generated sentiment also seemed like a perfect fit.
 
Entered into: 
Cute Card Thursday- #544 Just For Girls                                      (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #348-349 Anything Goes     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Fancy Folds                                                         (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)


I love fall so was fun to make a card for the current Simon Says Monday Fall and Autumn Challenge. My husband always loved fall, but for a different reason. He and our Brittany Spaniel used to spends hours and hours hunting pheasants in rural South Dakota. So I made this card for him. Used an upcycled calendar page (for the background), fussy cut a photo of a pheasant from a brochure that my hubby gets when you buys his hunting license, and then tucked a few pheasant feathers behind the photo to add some extra fun. Will be giving it to my hubby as a "just because I love you" card in the coming weeks.
Oh, and the fold is a little different. I made a variation of a double z-fold gate card. Started with the information here: stamptilyoudrop.com/2016/09/29/double-z-gate-fold-card-using-merry-mice but at 5:30 in the video, instead of adding the strips of embossed colored panels, I used a stop-sign shaped stencil to sketch the shape onto the front of the card. I trimmed off the excess, leaving the eight-sided shape onto which I attached the pheasant photo. I then added the strips of upcycled calendar page behind the eight-sided shape. I didn't add any sentiment since the photo speaks for itself ! Our sweet pup has been gone now for nearly 20 years, and my beloved hubby has MS so is unable to hunt, but I think that this card will bring a smile to his face.
Entered into:   
Simon Says Monday Challenge-Fall/Autumn                               (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)

My final card this posting is a CAS card for the current challenge at Tiddly Inks. I used one of their freebies named "Annies Art" plus paint splotch background paper (actually a scrap of wrapping paper). I wanted to leave lots of white space to qualify as CAS but also wanted to show more of the paint splotches and yet now overpower the little artist. So, I cut an oval in the white cardstock and added a scrap of vellum between Annie and the background paper. The sentiment is a freebie from desertdiva-hannelie.blogspot.com
Am entering the card into a few challenges including Tiddly Inks, Power Poppy (oval window), Bugaboo color challenge (shades of green, teal, and aqua are included), Calling All Sista's (card includes many of the ribbon colors and the sentiment is perfect for the challenge) and Daily Coloring Challenge.
Entered into: 
Tiddly Inks- Clean & Simple                                            (tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.com)
Bugaboo Stamps- Color Challenge                                 (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
Calling All Sista’s- Color Challenge #16                        (callingallsistahs.blogspot.com)
Daily Marker Coloring Challenge                                   (www.thedailymarker.com/2018/08/14982)
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Geometric Shape    (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2018/08/welcome-to-creative-confetti.html)


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow your origami dress is fantastic! Love the added bow and pretty floral pattern! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to upcycle a calendar page for your background, Kathy. Your trifold card is neat and the octagon shape that links the sides is cool. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card for Calling All Sistahs, fab design and amazing colouring. I know you like to have these cards handy and am glad you got to play along again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards.....Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun take on the Calling All Sistahs multi-colored ribbon challenge! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!