Friday, August 10, 2018

Fantasy and Whimsy

It's FRIDAY!  And that means it's time for a new challenge at QKR Stampede Challenge Blog.  I'm posting my third challenge as a member of their design team. QKR challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded.  Stop by the blog to check it out! (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)

This week I chose to use the QKR digi image Tooth fairy. (#Q-digi6501)  The inside sentiment, Believe,  is from Eureka Stamps (#ES-digi2706) You can find both of these digis here- www.stamponit.net
I'm entering the gate-fold card into The Cutie Pie Bingo Challenge- last row, top to bottom- glitter and die-cut (stars) and card candy (the inside sentiment is something that I'd enter into a Card Candy Swap as I think it would work for holiday cards, angels, and of course, tooth fairy cards!)
 
Entered into: 
The Cutie Pie Challenge- #125 BINGO         (cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.com)

When planning this post, I'd been working on Christmas and winter cards and realized that I had many whimsical and fantasy type images and stamps. So… decided that this whole post will have a theme!  I'll follow QKR's Toothfairy, with this adorable Unicorn. The sweet image, from Picket Fence Studios, was given to me by a stamping buddy.  And… it came as part of a Magic Card Kit. Took a little time stamp, color and put it together, but it is so cute! I covered the sides with washi tape because I didn't like the seeing foam tape holding the card together.  (This allowed me to enter into the Simon Says Monday Challenge "Tape It") The sentiment is from TLC Creations (createwithtlc.blogspot.com) The sentiment is from a digi set called the Medley of Greetings 1 from tlcCreations (icraftgifts.com/k/medley-of-greetings
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Tape It Up    (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Doing Life- Create with TLC Challenge #22   (desiref.blogspot.co.za)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #346-347 Anything Goes    (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

Another bit of whimsy can be found in this sweet Christmas image from Dearie Dolls (freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com.) I found the background scrapbook paper at JoAnne's and loved the chalkboard print. The holiday sayings and lines from songs are so neat that I ended up cutting several of them out to use as sentiments on cards. "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" works so perfectly with the image that I just couldn't resist using it on the inside of the card. The holly and snowflakes that adorn the sentiment are also fussy-cut from the paper.  Also, I cut a vellum oval that I slipped behind the Santa and Baby image on the front of the card so that they stood out from the bold lettering.
Entered into: 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #396 Anything Goes   (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge                                (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Happy Little Stamper- Christmas-Anything Goes                        (happylittlestampers.blogspot.com)
Happy Little Stamper- Mixed Media-Words                                 (happylittlestampers.blogspot.com) 

6 comments:

  1. what a cute holiday card and I love how you helped the focal image to stand out by muting the bold background with that vellum oval! thanks for joining us at HLS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun cards, all so cute and whimsical. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun Christmas card,
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy this is just beautifully crafted and fits in perfect for our 22nd ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    PS: Loving the GEM TLC sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. both the cards are pretty.Thanks for playing along with us at Happy little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@HLS
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card with such a fab image. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!