Monday, March 5, 2018

Thankful for a Warm Craft Room- part 2

We are slated to get 5-11 inches of rain, sleet, and snow during the next 24 hours. So…might just get a snow day in my craft room tomorrow. Until then, going to post the results of spending time there today before calling it a night.

The current challenge at Power Poppy is "Inspired by Fabric." The challenge requirements state, "... take a look at some fabric swatches that inspire you and use them as a stepping stone to create a fun card."  I actually used a strip of my inspiration fabric on my card!
This red bandana fabric is from my mom's stash (always makes me smile when I use any of these treasures as I can imagine the smile that would light up her face if she could see how it looked on my creation. I did get my passion for upcycling from her. I guess you could say that I am the child of a child from the Depression!) I used a white gel pen and fine line Sharpie to add details to the bandana around his neck to match the fabric access.  The strip of  "tooled leather" is actually wallpaper which adds texture to the card. The wonderful sentiment is from a digi set named "Medley of greetings" from tlcCreations  
Entered into: 
Power Poppy- Inspired by Fabric                                         (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2018/03/power-spark-inspired-by-fabric.html)
Bugaboo Stamps- Anything Goes                                                     (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
DigiStamps4Joy- Anything Goes (twist- Being Young)  (digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.za)
Doing Life- Create with TLC Challenge                              (desiref.blogspot.co.za)
Penny's Challenge- #369 Anything Goes                            (pennyschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

For this card, I dug out two old wood mount stamps from Hero Arts (peony and butterfly from Hero Arts onto some REALLY old sheet music. (My hubby's grandmother was a church choir director. Years ago when helping clean the basement of the family homestead we discovered a few boxes of this aging sheet music and choir books. Love finding ways to use them!) Layered a piece of pretty fuchsia patterned paper behind the sheet music and pulled it all together with a scrap of pink grosgrain ribbon for a beautiful Spring card!  Am entering this into several challenges, including the Butterfly Challenge (this time I met two of the requirements, there is green in the leaves, the card is not square, and, if you look closely you can see that the copyright date for the sheet music is 1911. So there are also numbers!),
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- In My Garden                   (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #325 Anything Goes     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Butterfly Challenge- #96 Letter N                                          (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge                      (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
A2zscrapbooking Monthly Challenge- Anything Goes       (a2zscrapbookingblog.com) 

I grew up in a family with motorcycles. There was a regular bike, a chopper and a large cycle with a sidecar. But they all had one thing in common, they were all Harley's! So when I saw that the current challenge at The Paper Shelter is called "Add Some Metal" I knew that I had to make a Harley themed card. When I googled motorcycle quotes, I couldn't believe that I found one from Harley Davidson himself. Stamped the image  (unmounted, don't know the name of the company) onto glossy cardstock and while it was still wet smudged it with my fingers to mimic movement. Added a few silver brads and a scrap of grey patterned paper to add a little more interest (is inside of a business envelope that I upcycled! )  Fun! 

Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter- #328 Add Some Metal                          (thepapershelter.blogspot.com.ar)
QKR Stampede- #285 Anything Goes                                  (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes           (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely. Let's Spring begin! Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful trio of cards. love the cute cowboy and the sentiment on your motorbike card did make me chuckle lol :)
    Hugs Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing creations. Lovely biker card. Thanks for joining us over at TPS challenges.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Kathy... Love how you matched the cowboy's bandana to the fabric and I love the flower stamped onto the sheet music. What an awesome find...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a super flower stamp. I liked the story of how you came by the music sheets. What a find. Love the colouring you have chosen. Pink is my favourite colour. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel again this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun cards. I know we are scheduled for that also, but we are to get 2-5 inches of the wet snow, yuk. Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy. Love all the cards. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - thank you for joining us at Penny's this week and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! That sheet music is really special and it is a great background for the peony bloom. Thanks for playing along our challenge at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great work, well done and good luck!

    Hugs, Jackie

    Digistamps4Joy.DT

    Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my - 11 inches of rain - did you get that much! Too bad a little of it did not fall here in AZ as were are in a very dry spell. Great touches for your cute card - that bandana is perfect and a great memento. The wallpaper is a good idea, too. By the way, this would be a great fit for the Crafter's Cafe "old stuff day" challenge!
    Thanks for joining the QKR Stampede challenge this week, and we hope to see you back starting tomorrow. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, I see I commented on a different card from the one at the QKR Stampede challenge - but the Harley one is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of your cards! Especially the cowboy one -too cute!!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute with this little cowboy. Thank you for joining us in our Catch the Bug Saturday Challenge! Creative regards, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful creation! So blessed you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again in our current Challenge. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Psalm 31:24 which says, "Be strong and take heart, all you hope in the Lord." So sorry for my late comment, just been so busy!

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!