Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Giggles and Golf

My final entry into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, "Girl Power" is this sweet little image from Tiddly Inks named "Petite Q." (Available for just $1.00 at www.tiddlyinks.com) The Princess is wearing a cute little crown, but I chose to add a sparkly crown sticker that I just bought last weekend. (I added a closeup so that you can see it better.) The little blue bird is upcycled from an old card. I haven't used watercolor pencils for a while and had a hard time getting smooth results on her poofy skirt. So switched to my trusty Spectrum Noir markers for her raven tresses. The sentiment is from my stash of funny sayings, printed on my computer. I love pairing it with this image since it says, "Princess (noun): A giggle with bling on it." So appropriate! (Oh, am also entering this into the Bugaboo Challenge, "ALl Creatures Big and Small" because she is a petite cutie, and current Sketch Saturday Challenge. I really liked this sketch. Simple to do and really shows off an image.) 
Entered into:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Girl Power              (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Sketch Saturday- Week #504                                             (sketchsaturday.blogspot.com) 
Bugaboo Stamps- All Creatures Big and Small               (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)

The current Art Impressions Challenge is called "Watercolor Wonders" and I decided to let the fun image named "Earl" take center stage. Am not too adept at watercolor as I prefer the tight control of markers or pens, so I decided to used watercolor pencils and a good quality brush. Gave Earl some plaid golf pants, and also gave the card a little extra pizazz by making it into an explosion card. (Here is my favorite tutorial for making these cards. They are really easy to make, especially if you use a square of wrapping paper for the center section like I did!) Printed the sentiment, front and inside, on my computer. And he's ready to sent to someone who loves the links! (PS I'm also entering this into the current Simon Says Monday Challenge "Easter/Spring Inspiration" because I know several people that are ready to get on the golf course as soon as the snow is gone.)
Entered into:
Art Impressions- Watercolor Wonders                                         (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge #195                         (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Easter/Spring Inspiration     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)

4 comments:

  1. Both fab creations, the little princess is just so adorable.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fun card great image and love the pop-up inside---Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x
    love the giggle with the bling card too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards, love them both. the second card is so fun with the interactive part. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!