Friday, August 25, 2017

Fun Friday Entries- Part 2

This is a go to stamp for beachy cards. And when the Less Is More DTs challenged us to focus on a Perfect Holiday image… the beach comes to mind. So… my little crab came out of hiding to adorn my card. To hold the card to its CAS requirements, I just added a circle image, punched from an upcycled calendar behind the crab, and mounted them on a light grey cardstock. Created the sentiment on my computer, with a "missing you" theme and mounted it onto a tan scrap of paper that has small flecks of white, silver and gold. (It looks a bit like sand in real life.) The inside sentiment is mounted onto another punched photo image, this one pictures two empty beach chairs. A sad sight indeed!

 
Entered into:
Less is More Challenge- The Perfect Holiday    
    (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)
Simon Says Works It Wednesdays Challenge-Favorite Stamp   
    (simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/category/events/work-it-wednesday)
                       
Another card made with one of my favorite Bugaboo digis. This time I paired the sweet unicorn with a sentiment that I upcycled from an old greeting card (I’ve collected them since 1971… long before I started stamping so it’s fun to now put them to use!)
Am entering it into the current Bugaboo Bingo challenge, bottom row- “Bugaboo image + sparkle + sentiment”. (This time the sparkle comes from the vellum mask that has flecks of metallic (silver, gold and bronze) plus  a few rhinestones (centered on the sentiment “YOU make a difference.” However, the ‘make a difference’ part of that sentiment is a little hard to see because the vellum is raised a bit in the photo. When you hold the card, the vellum behaves a little better!!)
Entered into: 
Bugaboo Stamp- Bingo Challenge
        (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)

While I had my vellum out, I drew and fussy cut flowers and leaves to frame this scripture sentiment (a digi, but don’t remember where I found it.) Punched the flower centers from patterned paper scraps. The background is a photo of a cloudy South Dakota sky just before a storm. I stamped some Stampscapes trees with black ink. A truly delightful card, don’t you think?   
Entered into:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #294-295 Anything Goes                    
     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

A powerful image of a stately owl. (I think it is from Northwoods Stamps, but I took it off of the wood so am not sure of that.) Just perfect for the current Victorine Challenge- On Wings. (Plus… I love owls!) Haven’t added a sentiment since I plan to keep this in my stash of masculine cards, and add the sentiment when I need it.
Oops forgot to mention how I made the card. Since I had my Stampscapes trees stamp out, decided to use it to make another card. I stamped the trees on glossy cardstock with evergreen ink, stamping three impressions before re-inking to get the shadowy depths. I stamped the owl image on the upper left corner of the card, trying to avoid the trees. (There was one bit of green on the tip of a branch but I was able to cover it with brown marker. Whew!) Masked the owl image so that I could add the Stampscapes clouds in light blue ink. (They are faint in the photo, but you can see them if you look carefully.) Then colored the image with Tombow markers, adding white gel pen to accentuate the owl's beautiful feathers.
Entered into:
Victorine Challenge- On Wings 
   (vostamps.blogspot.com)  

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful selection of cards. Love your pretty owl scene and the punny sentiment on you LIM card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creations. I like how you've upcycled a calendar for your scenes, and the little hermit crab is terrific.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous collection of cards, such a fun holiday card - a brilliant sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline (Guest Designer) - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy. A fun collection of cards. That crab card is adorable. Great idea to upcycle that calendar. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. :) Trina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Your owl card is perfect for Victorine Originals and I love the trees and scene you have created. Thank you for joining us at!
    ~ DT Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Love the owl and the neat background! Thanks for playing along with us over at Victorine Originals! :)

    Theresa (Victorine Originals DT)
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your owl card is one that my brother would love! He really likes owls :) Thank you for joining in our "Wings" challenge at Victorine Originals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! Thanks for playing along at Victorine Originals Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how realistic your trees look behind your owl! Thanks for joining us at Victorine Originals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely cards! I am loving that owl. Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!