Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Four unrelated cards!

This fluffy kitten was one of my mom’s favorite stamps. So it always makes me think of the many hours we spent stamping and gabbing. She would have loved this "Cat is out of the bag" card… as she had a sweet sense of humor. Am entering the card into a challenge that requires the use of Kraft & White. (Mine has a bit of gray thrown in… because I wanted the cat to look like mom’s favorite little fur ball, “Whatzit.” (My oldest brother named the little guy. Calling him in at night always made me giggle!) 

Entered into: 
CAS-ual Fridays- Kraft & White                    
    (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
                       
The Less Is More challenge requires the addition of something real on the card. I was happy to help “get rid of” a few Hershey’s kisses so that I could use the wrappers on this fun card.  (Note... the fingerprints were made with brown ink. If it was chocolate, I would have licked it off before touching the card!) 
Entered into:
Less is More Challenge- A Real Object             
    (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)
                       
Wanted to use this month’s freebie from Beccy’s Place to make one more card before the end of August. I hadn’t planned on adding the vellum banner. However, I needed to cover up a few botched snowflakes (was distracted for a moment and scorched the embossed snowflake that is hidden.) A few embossed snowflakes remain, a few have some added bling from glittler. Just one reason that my cards often have several layers!
Entered into: 
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August                  
    (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for August  
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk)
Christmas Card Throwdown- Embossing   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge                                 
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

Wanted to make one more card to enter into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge. So… pulled a few embellies out of my stash (note pad and pencil) plus added a sentiment (found here- skiptomylou.org/back-to-school-teacher-gift-tags) and layered all of them on a pre-packaged card (that I picked up at our local Goodwill). The SS Monday challenge also has a school theme, so am entering it in that challenge, too. 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Back to School                  
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Simon Says Monday Challenge- School or Study Related                      
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)



                        

14 comments:

  1. Smashing makes shared today, loving the Hershey's kisses used for the LIM challenge too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy - love your stories as well as your cards. My 15 yr old son wondered what would happen if he named a dog "Help' .. he shares my warped sense of humour. Forcing yourself to eat those Hershey's - a noble sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dog named Help sounds like a wonderful idea! Love that sense of humor!

      Delete
  3. A great variety of cards. And what a sacrifice to have to eat those chocolates all in the name of cardmaking. 😉 I must admit that I can't give a proper comment on it as the close up photo doesn't allow me a true look at it. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. :) Trina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trina, I'm sorry that you can't see the details. I am not sure why that is happening. Are you using a smart phone to view it? I am curious if others have problems viewing my card photos as they the close ups look very clear on my phone and laptop. But... I am still new at this blogging thingee so would welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love all your cards Kathy, they are so much fun! The little kitty card is a wonderful creation... what a great idea to look like it had popped through the bag. I love the tiny cat prints going across the front of the card.
    I had a chuckle at your description of the chocolate card, I can totally relate to licking your fingers clean. Waste not, want not, right? Especially when it comes to chocolately goodness.
    I really love the card with Nell's Cottage on the front. Even though the vellum banner is covering up a "botched snowflake", I think it was a very happy accident, it looks wonderful.
    Your final card for the day is also fabulous. I love that you've brought a whole bunch of different elements together to create a great back to school project. Love it!
    Well done on getting all these awesome cards made Kathy.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome teacher card, Kathy! I know this would make any teacher happy to receive it! I like the block pattern and the cut up apple with the overall design. Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used the paper kisses foil. Such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards once again. Love the chocolate wrapper and the choccie finger prints. As a kitty lover I adore your first card too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun cards and really clever ideas. Your little cottage is very sweet and I can admit to covering up plenty of smudges and mistakes in my time!
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fab! That kitten card is such fun and I really love the sentiment on that one. Had to laugh at your comment about the fingerprints on the chocolate wrapper card - what a shame it's not real chocolate (tee hee). Fantastic sentiment on that card too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such clever cards, well done ;) Viv xx (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  11. elle est très belle et très paisible cette carte Kathy, j'aime ces paysages sous la neige, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute and fun card. Love the "cat is out the bag" sentiment. Thanks for playing along at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!