Sunday, August 13, 2017

CAS and more!

In an earlier post, I noted that really don’t know what my preferred style of stamping is. But, I do know that Shabby Chic and CAS are both challenging to me. I am participating in challenges that require these styles in this posting. The first, a CAS challenge titled “Summer Fun” poses this invitation- “We're in the mood for some summer fun this next fortnight and would love to see how you interpret this theme.”
My card might seem unusual for that, but to me, one of the fun things about summer is that my work schedule during August usually pretty light. Allow me to explain. Much of my job involves working with schools and community coalitions. Both like to take the end of summer off for vacations. So… I do the same. And since my sweet hubby is disabled, we prefer to do “staycations.” I love having a few weeks to stay home, just doing whatever I please on no set schedule. This usually involves me “fluttering” from project to project with glee! Hence, this card is a perfect interpretation of Summer Fun for me!
This card will also work perfectly for a friendship card, so am entering it into another challenge with that theme.
PS- You can't see it very well... but the top of the card has very faint clouds with light blue chalk. Am trying to respect the need to have lots of "white space" that CAS requires, but also wanted the illusion of sky. So... very, very light chalkwork did it! 
Entered into: 
AAA Card Challenges- Summer Fun             
   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
CAS-ual Fridays- Friendship                        
        (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)

The other card style that I find most challenging is Shabby Chic. I like them when others make them, but mine always look messy and/or overdone. I found a free image here (http://thegraphicsfairy.com/vintage-fairy-image-rose-flower-girl/) that just begged me to be featured on a card, so decided to make it a Shabby Chic one. Decked her out in a doily, ribbons, fussy cut blooms on her head and even her shoes... then finished the card off with a few stick pins. I'm thinking she looks a bit "Shabby Cluttered"?! 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- For a Child                        
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Shabby Chic/Vintage                           
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Fancy Flowers    
    (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)

When considering my preferred style of stamping, I know that I like “coloring” plus making cards with puns or quirky humor. I create these on my computer and am always looking for fun new fonts! I also like upcycling items, fussy cutting, and find myself using digis, sketches or clip art more and more often in my creations. For this card, I found a fun free sketch on the web, colored it with chalks and markers, fussy cut stars from a damaged yellow “report sleeve” that I rescued for the trash can at my office, printed off the fun sentiment and… the results are sure to bring a smile to one of my Star Wars lovin’ friends.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Happy Birthday                       
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)

Adding another card to my Christmas stash, this one is for a teacher friend that loves family time during the school break. The inside of the card reads, “… so that the outdoor fun can begin! Happy Holidays (and Happy School Break!)” 

Entered into:
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge                                        
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Christmas Cards All Year Round- Use Yellow  
   (christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for August  
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk)


13 comments:

  1. gorgeous collection! All your cards are absolutely beautiful and fun! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cards. I love the soft and subtle background in you butterfly card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are SO fun that they make me smile! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “For a Child” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real beauty Kathy. Love those subtle clouds and the story behind your card's creation is lovely. Enjoy what's left of your Summer. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kathy, love the cute image. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Digi Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute flower card. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute, perfect CAS card! Good luck with our CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Beautiful butterfly, love the sentiment swirling across the bottom. Thanks for playing along with Casual Fridays Friendship Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great match....beautiful butterfly and sky. Happy combination. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet christmas card..Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Cards All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are so cute! Love your Christmas card! It's always great when you can add another one to the stash so maybe it's not so hectic during the holidays! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCAYR! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty HazelNuts Christmas Challenge Extra.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!