Friday, March 31, 2023

myasperations 3-31-23

This card features a beautiful image for the March Progressive Challenge at Outlawz Challenges.  I used an assortment of items from my scrapbook and stamping stashes to create a striking B&W and gold wedding card. So fun!  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Same Old Stuff (I found the B&W papers in a sale bin at Michaels craft store when we lived in South Dakota… so at least 15 years ago, and I picked up the roll of thin sheer ribbon several years ago on sale at JoAnnes Fabrics.)
NOTE- A while ago, Outlawz moved to a new platform for their challenges and I’m really liking how easy it is to navigate plus posting entries is so quick and easy.  There are nine different challenges, with prizes from up to 15 sponsors, on the one site HERE. Stop by and have fun looking around.  And if you have any questions, leave a comment on this post and I’ll see if I can help to get you started!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Love Birds)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- From my scrapbook stash

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  Sheepski Designs (Love Birds)
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (March-Sheepski Designs Love Birds
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday  (Same Old Stuff) 
Outlawz Challenge- March 2023 Linky
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #251
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #589-590 Anything Goes   

I’m finishing up a few Easter cards, and had fun making this shaker card for a jelly-bean lovin’ sister! It features several old stamps (from a stamp store that I co-owned in South Dakota in the late ’90s). I had pulled the Lidded Jar rubber stamp from its wood base years ago and used my MISTI and Marvy Bold Markers to add color directly onto the red rubber candy jar image, one color at a time.  I fussy cut the image, including the inside of the jar, and adhered the acetate “liner.” I love the way the striped paper, in jelly-bean colors, peaks through the candy jar. Instead of using an x-acto blade to tediously cut out the small areas in the lid of the jar, I laid the fussy-cut jar image onto the A-2-sized striped paper, and gently pencil sketched the placement for extending the stripes. I then used the fine-tip of pastel-colored Tombow watercolor markers to lightly color them to match the lower stripes. Easy peasy! 
Supplies: 

·   Posh Impressions Wood-Mounted Rubber Stamp- Lidded Jar (company no longer in business)

·   Jelly Bean rubber stamp- pulled from wood base years ago so company unknown

·   Colored with assorted ink pads, Tombow and Marvy Watercolor markers, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment-download from Papercrafts Magazine (no longer available)   

·   Inside Sentiment-Computer Generated

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Kathy!! Fabulous!! Thanks for playing in The Outlawz Progressive challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards, Kathy! The wedding card is stunning, and the Easter card is such a fun card for your sister! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant wedding card! Thanks so much for entering our March 2023 Progressive Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    TOL progressive Freebie Challenge.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jelly bean card is so pretty and colorful with the rainbow colors!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!