Wednesday, March 15, 2023

myasperations 3-15-23

Here is my fun DT card for the mid-month challenge at QKR Stampede. Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself?
This card features a sweet elephant and a sentiment that I divided into two parts so it would work for both the front and inside sentiment.  I was going to add a Happy Birthday sentiment, but instead decided to leave it as it is, so that I can send it to a dear friend. We were commiserating a few weeks ago about how our aging brains work (or… maybe I should say no longer work as effectively) after we became “old”! She is sure to get a chuckle out of this card! I found a box of brightly colored Thank You cards at Goodwill a few years ago, and love how the white curlicue mimics the bow on Ellie’s nose/trunk.  (I sized the digi to cover the Thank You sentiment on the card front.)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Same Old Stuff (I’ve had the boxed cards for at least a year, and the added the digi sentiment to my collection back in 2018!), and Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge I was invited by Makira to join in the fun at her new challenge that is anything goes inspired by a theme park. Makira noted that my card reminded her of the Kilimanjaro Safari Ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, FL, USA. I plan to return to her fun blog again and again!) 
                     
                                      
Supplies: 

·   Pink Card Base an envelopefrom a boxed Thank you card set found at Goodwill

·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Elephant Bow Nose) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Decorative Chalks, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiment-Eureka Digital Stamp (When You Get Old

·   Puffy Heart Stickers-Stickos

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #587-588 Anything Goes   
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #250
Di’s Digi Stamps- Hand Colored Image  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week#10 Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday  (Same Old Stuff)  
Outlawz Challenge- March 2023 Linky
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (March)
 
This is my first entry for Power Poppy’s Challenge where the current theme is “Inspired by the Sea.” Although I have a nice collection of Power Poppy stamps and digis sets, I discovered that I have nothing that is sea/beach themed. However, that didn’t stop my creativity! I used an upcycled calendar page, plus two sentiments from a PP digi set named “Blossoming Cheery.” I had googled “Tropica flowers” and found lots of photos of “Plumeria Flower Clips” for beach weddings/parties, which inspired me to turn a few of the cherry blossoms from the set into embellishments for the sentiments. (Although plumeria doesn’t have the frilly stamens of cherry blossoms, they do add a nice floral addition to the card!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (my card includes all three pretty pastels-pink, lavender, and a touch of yellow in the blooms), and Allsorts Challenge: A trio of Something (three blooms embellish the front sentiment on my card.)
     

Supplies: 
·   Flower Digi and Sentiments- Power Poppy Digital Stamp (Blossoming Cherry)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Digi-Patties Creations (Flip Flop Trio)

·   Instructions for Z-fold card can be found HERE.

·   Upcycled calendar page

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Power Poppy- The Blossom Challenge-Inspired by the Sea  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 716: AG   
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge 
Paper Funday- #51-Anything Goes      
TRIPLE B (Birds, Butterflies & Blooms) Challenge- March  

Last Spring I added a few cute digi sets from artist Jan Mahew to my digi collection. This one includes a sweet little bunny and fun sentiment that helped me create this Easter card. (During COVID I started sending more cards to family and friends. When medical and dental offices reopened, but gatherings were still restricted, I created packets of cards that I delivered to my doctor and dentist offices. The staff so appreciated that the cards helped them keep in touch with loved ones when they couldn’t yet meet with them, that I’ve continued providing card assortments, especially holidays. This card, plus other Spring/Easter-themed cards, will be delivered soon!)

I’m entering this card into several challenges including Incy Wincy Designs: Pets (during my childhood we had almost every kind of pet, including rabbits), Outlawz Monday Greeting (my card features a greeting on the front, with a Spring theme, and meets the optional twist of food!), and Passion for Markers: Colours of Spring (I know that green qualifies as a Spring color, and maybe orange does, too? Like in orange tulips!)

                                              
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Jan’s Digi Stamp (Easter Hippity Hop)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- Desert Diva (Celebrate the Hope of Easter)

·   Carrot seed Packet- from a sale rack at Goodwill years ago

·   Butterfly Sticker- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week # 681 Colours of Spring
Double D’s Challenge- Easter      
Gem of a Challenge- Week #5 Anything Goes                           
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #91- Easter
The Four Seasons Challenge- Spring   
Jan’s Digi Stamps- March 2023 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Hello March

23 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy, that elephant card is just adorable. LOVE it. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Every time I'm just SO grateful and appreciate having you stop by to play along. Have a wonderful week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet rabbit card, Kathy. Thank you for entering one of Jan's digis. The carrots under the focal image is a lovely element.

    Thank you for joining the Jan’s Digital Stamps challenge.

    Monica C. DT Jan’s Digital Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations Kathy! Love the little bunny on your Easter card ... awesome design too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D & Four Seasons challenges! LOVE your second card too ... you had me with that sweet design and those sweet flip flops (I'm a flip flop gal ... my motto: No Snow, No Shoes! LOL) Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at our newest Triple B challenge blog. Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    Triple B
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all the cards are amazingly creative and beautiful, love the seed packet card, Jan's digitals are so beautiful too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons, Double D, and Triple B!
    Diane FS DD TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Karen, you arranged an adorably sweet Easter card showcasing "Hippity Hop" on your carrot spectacular. Thank you for sharing your amazing Easter creation with us at Jan's Digi Stamp Shop Challenge. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely collection of cards. The Hello card reminds me of a dream vacation spot! Thanks for sharing with the first Triple B challenge. (Carol L, GD)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card with cute image. Looks fabby! Thanks for playing with us over at PFM this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, PFM DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet bunny card Kathy. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. I love how you decorated the inside too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever idea recycling a calendar for your lovely card. Thanks so much for entering our Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    The Outlawz Color Challenges.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    TOL Tuesday Color DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, your cards are amazing! You have such an eye for color and design, I love every single one of them. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at our Double D Easter Challenge, I hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, I love it!!! Thanks for joining the Tue. Colour challenge at the Outlawz challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathy, what a fun way of sharing your talent with others, and extending kindness to those who were so busy during the heavy COVID years. Again, I am impressed with the coloring in your bunny! So fabulous are your cards! Thanks for the inspiration and for submitting your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  15. 🖤🐘🖤this!! I saw this on the Critter Crazy Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your card reminds me of the Kilimanjaro Safari Ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, FL, USA. I’d love you to share this on Park Hopping My Happy Place. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ or #parkhoppingmyhappyplace. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing with us! Cheers, Makira

      Delete
  16. Your elephant is so sweet and the sentiment is too funny. Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I love that elephant card! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Monday Greetings, Creative Fingers and Critter Crazy.. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute bunny! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kathy! I hope you're having a great week and that things are going well for you and your family. I love your sweet card. The bunny is so darling. Thank you very much for sharing your card with us at both Word Art Wednesday and The Four Seasons. I'm always thrilled to see your cards linked up with us. I really appreciate you. Have a wonderful week, my friend.
    Karen L, DT
    Word Art Wednesday
    The Four Seasons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!