Friday, March 17, 2023

myasperations 3-17-23

One of my favorite challenges is the Butterfly Challenge, partly because the talented and generous sponsor provides easy-to-follow instructions for making a creative fold card each time. I usually try my hand at the featured fold, and the Tent Fold was new to me. It was super fast and easy to make, so I’m sure I’ll be using it again. The adorable digi, from Di’s Digis, includes a butterfly, so win-win! My card features all the required colors (in the rainbow, leaves, and butterfly) plus all the themes- Tent Fold, Twine, and Butterfly (I added butterflies on the sentiment on the back, because, you know you can never have too many flutterbys!)
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Path of Positivity (POP) because the sweet bunnies' supportive pose speaks of friendship to me, plus the uplifting sentiment. (Speaking of the sentiment, I’ve had this one in my digi files since before I started my blog in 2017. Since I like to cite sources, I dug through my files and was thrilled to see that this one is from decosses dynamite doodles blogspot. I have collected many of the DDD’s digi images and papers long before I got to know Lisa, the artist and woman behind the POP Challenge site. I am blessed to now call her a friend. 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dis Digi Stamps (All Ears)

·   Decorative Chalks, Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen.

·   Front Sentiment- DDDoodles Freebie (Oh Happy Day)

·   Back Sentiment- “Happy Easter” Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Easter Joy

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Di’s Digi Stamps- Hand Colored Image  
Butterfly Challenge- #179 T is for Tent Fold Card       
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #110 (Anything Goes Positive)  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week # 681 Colours of Spring
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge    
Double D’s Challenge- Easter                                   
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #91- Easter
TRIPLE B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies or Blooms)- March  

I sized this slimline card to fits into a standard #6¾ envelope (which cost just 2 cents each!)  After printing off a copy of this fun St. Pat’s balloon (a freebie!) I traced them on scraps of green plastic index divider sheets. (These wonderful items- sometimes called document file folders- come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but they are easy to fussy-cut with a sharp pair of scissors. And you can trace shapes onto them with a permanent fine-line marker, which is how I created this card. I first used gentle pencil marks to sketch the outlines of the balloons that would be seen through the front ones. I then lay small, separate scraps of the green plastic onto the free digi, carefully tracing around each with the black marker, then carefully cut them out, making sure to leave the marker outlines intact. I adhered them to the printed image with small, thin pieces of double-stick tape, making sure they overlapped to create the look of naturally translucent balloons!) The final touch was to trace the “string bows” onto the green plastic balloons and add a few highlights with a white gel pen.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Simon Says Wednesday: Recycle It (the rainbow background paper is copy paper which was used to protect my table top when sponging pastel colors for a different card. I noticed it in my trash basket when looking for some pizazz for this card… and love how the rainbow colors frame the shamrock balloons!) 

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Scribbles Designs Freebies! (Friday Freebie Shamrock Balloons) a free single balloon digi is also available (Shamrock Balloon)  

·   Sharpie Black Permanent Fine-Line Marker and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen.

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Cardstock, scraps of green plastic index divider sheets, and other items from my stash.

·   Mead envelopes-100 white standard #6¾ size

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Irish Blessing     
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #250
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Green          
The Four Seasons Challenge- Spring    
Leigh SB Designs Monthly Challenge- #115 Spring Leprechauns   

This sweet digi was the monthly freebie at Pattie’s Creations earlier this year. As soon as I
saw it I knew that I needed to use it on a pull-tab card. This fun interaction card technique is
pretty easy to make (you can find many instructions and videos on the web) and I made it
more realistic by using twine to connect the little Duckies together. The two pics of the card
front show how one pull on the tag moves the trio from left to right. Although this card was a
little tedious to make, I do love the way it turned out, and know I’ll be making a few more of
them in the future!
I’m entering it into several other challenges including Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Same Old
Stuff (I’ve had the polka-dotted paper in my stash since selling a stamp store that a friend and
I owned back in the late ‘90s, and I found a bag of assorted feathers, including these yellow
ones, at a Goodwill Thrift store at least 3 years ago!)
Supplies: 
·   Inside Digi-Now available at Patties Creations (Duckie Pull Toy)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Instructions for a pull-tab card can be found via google or Pinterest)
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #587-588 Anything Goes   
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday  (Same Old Stuff)         
Outlawz Challenge- March 2023 Linky
Paper Funday-  #51-Anything Goes      
Patties Challenge- #204 Anything Goes (March)

20 comments:

  1. Love the collection of shamrock balloons with the Irish Blessing inside the card. Thanks for sharing with Outlawz Songs and Rhymes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card with those sweet bunnies and rainbow! I agree, that sentiment is perfect with these little bunny friends, and I most definitely agree... Lisa is very special! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is that little pull toy and those feathers are so sweet! Loving that sentiment, too! Such an adorable card! Thanks for sharing with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some fabulously fun cards here and have certainly been busy creating!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood, Colorful Options, Triple B, Double D and The Four Seasons!
    Diane TSH and CO DT and FS DD TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are all just awesome! So, so sweet! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D, Triple B & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful bag and card thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased that you gave the tent fold shape a whirl . It really is that simple to make. Those bunnies are the cutest. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute and my image works great with your Pull-Tab Card! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations. I hope you can use my new FREEBIE to create more cards.
    Hugs
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner of Pattie's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the design and the beautiful Spring colours. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Markers Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those adorable bunnies watching the rainbow just make me smile. So cute! Loving all your wonderful creations you shared here as well. Thanks for sharing with the first Triple B challenge (Carol, GD)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww what a sweet card Kathy. The bunny image is just so adorable and your colouring is perfect. Love the tent fold style and how you decorated the inside. Thanks again for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those Green Balloons! ☘️

    Thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute image and sweet card! Thanks so much for entering our Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    The Outlawz Color Challenges.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    TOL Tuesday Color DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh Kathy I love your card, the bunnies are so cute!! Thank you for joining the Tue. Clour challenge at the Outlawz challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are all very sweet Kathy! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon. Also, your Shamrock Card would be great entered at The Inspiration Station!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your little ducks are so cute. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, how cute is this! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the creative design of your balloons! Brilliant. All three cards are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!