Tuesday, March 21, 2023

myasperations 3-21-23

My sweet mother grew up during the depression, so I remember her as being a “saver” (which I have since learned means “frugal”!) I am pretty sure that is where I learned the art of recycling. The sparkly ribbon on this card is proof of that. It decorated a treat bag I recently received, and I couldn’t imagine not letting it shine a bit longer. This cute little bear, from artist Lee Holland, agrees! I also provided a close-up photo of the inside of the card, because I wanted to show the bits of rainbow colors that dance in the light when the sun hits the holographic paper that I slid beneath the sentiment. 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Lee Holland Art (Teddy Bear with Present)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Shamrock Sticker- Hobby Lobby

·   Sparkly Green Ribbon-upcycled from a St. Pat’s Day treat bag

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Green          
Outlawz ChallengeTwisted Thursday  (Same Old Stuff)  
Leigh SB Designs Monthly Challenge- #115 Spring Leprechauns   
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #587-588 Anything Goes   

Last Spring I added a few cute digi sets from arist Jan Mahew to my digi collection. This one includes a sweet image of rabbits that look wonderful perched on a Z-fold card. I think I might have gone a little overboard on “fluffing” their fur with my white gel pen… but it does make them look super cuddly!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Jan’s Digi Stamp (Easter Hippity Hop)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Instructions for Z-fold card can be found HERE.

·   Front Sentiment “Happy Easter”- We Are 3 Digital Sentiments (Spring)

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Handmade by Paula (Thinking of You)

·   Scraps of embossed vellum and rainbow vellum plus other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- March 2023 Anything Goes    
Incy Wincy Designs- Pets and/or Happiness  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 720: AG   (Option- Pastels)   
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- #72 March 2023                       
Di’s Digi Stamps- Mixed Media  

This is my second entry into the current Butterfly Challenge, and the Tent-Fold card went together even more quickly that the first time that I made one mainly because the challenge sponsor provides easy-to-follow instructions for each of her challenges. My card features all the required colors (in flowers, leaves, frog) plus two themes (Tent Fold and Butterflies!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Same Old Stuff (the cute little bunny is a wood- mount stamp I purchased in the late 90’s, and the little Froggie is from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set that I added to my collection in September 2018.)
Supplies: 

·   Instructions for Tent Fold found HERE.

·   Subway Art Digi- TlcCreations Freebie (Days Of Spring)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Easter Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   Bunny Image-Northwoods Rubber Stamps (Retired Image)

·   Frog Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Frog Hop)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #110 (Use a Mood Board)  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge    
Butterfly Challenge- #179 T is for Tent Fold Card      
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #202 Anything Goes
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Spring Song  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Hello March      
Outlawz Challenge- March 2023 Linky
Beccy’s Place Challenge-March   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

18 comments:

  1. Beautifully composed Z-Fold, Kathy! The violets with the Lime and Hot pink accents make your image Pop! Thank you for showcasing "Hippity Hop" on your Adorable creation and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Stamp Shop. Good Luck! Thanks Kathy!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card highlighting the verse! Lovely paper and all the embellishing characters make for a delightful spring card! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, what a fun post to read, and your cards are all beautifully detailed. Loving the shape of your clover card, and the sweetness you have put into each creation. I especially liked the technique used in the bunnies from the JDS set. Like your parents, mine grew up in the Depression. I learned how to stretch a dollar, save for a rainy day, be frugal, find more than one use for an item, and learn how to upcycle. Thank you for sharing that part of your life! And now... for my other hat... Thanks for the inspiration and for submitting your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun fold cards! Love the iridescent paper that sparkles in the light. Thank you for sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. We look forward to seeing what you create next! FWIW, don't forget that rainbow inspired cards (like your bunnies are always welcome at our challenge). Have a crafty weekend! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, thanks for sharing you cute panda with us at Critter Crazy. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... and your little bunnies too. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and Outlawz Monday greetings. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really cute Panda card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous St Patrick’s Day card! I wonder what’s in his little package? Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card with the cute panda’

    Thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Irish-themed card Kathy, the panda is so cute and I love the sweet gift bag he's holding. Great Easter card too... love the fold. I think your bunnies look wonderful with all their additional fur. Not only will it keep them nice and warm, but it will also make them snuggly. Your last card is wonderful, a real celebration of spring! The wording is joyful and the little images you added are perfect. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy you card is so pretty. I love the sentiment verse.Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden again. The tent fold is very addictive once you have made one. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Twisted Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs, Berni DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun fold! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    TOL Tuesday Color DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! Thanks so much for entering our Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    The Outlawz Color Challenges.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!