Tuesday, September 27, 2022

myasperations 9-27-22

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time, the digis and sentiments are all from a just-released set named “Cake Time.”
I wanted to experiment and see how the little bandits looked on kraft brown and white cardstock. So I tried one image on each option. I liked both… so I used them on my card so you can see the difference, too. Lastly, I love that Beccy names each of her digi characters. The excited raccoon on the front is Riccardo. I trimmed the bottom from the image to make room for the sentiment at the top, but wanted you to see that even his feet look excited (check out the WM of the set to see his happy toes.)  The cake-lover on the inside is Rhonda. (Honestly, I can understand Rhonda's behavior since I grew up with five brothers and sisters… and I LOVE cake! So, I have to admit that I have done some “sneak eating” of cake a few times… especially if ice cream was also available. So yummy!) Okay, I’m salivating now so better sign off…
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Cake Time)

·   Colored with Aquarelle Colored Pencils, Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Beautiful Brown   
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes   
Outlawz ChallengeSeptember 2022 Linky
Allsorts Challenge- Week 695: Anything Goes  (0ption of Dots and Stripes)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- September            

This card was made for another of my favorite challenges, Double D’s, where  the current theme is “Things that Fall.” I opted for snow so that I could make a card  features a cute (not spooky!) Oddball Art Yeti digi. The sentiments are from my little brain! (When I asked my husband what he thought of the sentiment, he was underwhelmed… but I like it!)
Note- I discovered that this digi set appears to no longer be available. However, Oddball Art does offer a different cute Yeti set available HERE
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Oddball Art (Funny Yet Faces) Retired

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Patterned paper, rhinestones, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Things that fall    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday – Anything Goes

This last card was created for two challenges, Wecraftcard “Gift for a Teacher” and Outlawz Saturday Paper à la Mode “September-Fall into Adventure.” Both challenges required a gift item for a teacher. The Outlawz one required a non-card item… but also includes the word “adventure.” I love teaching students of all ages, but do have to admit, the job is often an adventure and can be a real challenge. That is why I love to make cards and/or gift  for teacher friends at the beginning of the year. (I found these great tags by googling “free printable tags for teachers”, clicked “images”  and dozens of great options popped up for many occasions including holiday gift tags for teachers! I’m sure this will work on Pinterest, too. Check it out!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Di’s Digis “Autumn Fall” (I love this time of the year when the trees are changing and kiddos get to go back to school… parents excited, some kids not so excited!) and the Path Of Positivity Challenge “Celebrate Something Special about YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR NATION or the WORLD at Large” (It doesn’t matter where you live on this big blue marble of a planet, I encourage all of us to recognize the “teachers” that live among us. They might be employed by a school, church, agency/organization, or be a parent, grandparent, or caring adult. If they provide safety and show kindness to others, and/or teach important skills, let’s tell them how much we appreciate them with a word, card, or maybe even a gift. Such people are truly heroes!)
Supplies: 

·   “Wishing You a Smooth School Year” tag Freebie found HERE

·   “Teach” sentiment created with patterned paper scraps.

·   Puffy Heart Stickers-Stickos

·   Acetate gift bag from the dollar store

·   Pencil (fussy-cut from patterned paper) and bus sticker are both from my scrapbook stash.

Entered into:  
Wecraftcards- Gift for a Teacher  9/26-10/2
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper à la Mode (September-Fall Into Adventure)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Autumn/Fall  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #39 Anything Goes                     
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #104 
  

14 comments:

  1. LOVE these, Kathy! Fabulous pencil coloring of the raccoon. The enlarged image on the first card is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a cute, cute stamp set and I simply LOVE what you've put together here! Fun creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Colorful Options! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun collection of cards, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how cute is that Yeti! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards!
    Thanks for joining in at Festive Fridays!
    Val - DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to reach out to the community! I come from a long line of educators and know the struggles they face daily; I also know a little appreciation goes a long way in refueling their spirits! Thanks for doing this and sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great project for Saturday à la Mode! Yes, teaching is an adventure at best! So happy you shared with us! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wondercreations here, beautifully designed and cute images! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge! So nice to see you've included my optional theme of spots or stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, love them. Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge at the Outlawz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic gift idea! I love the sentiment with that gift! A smile maker for sure! Thanks for playing with The Outlawz PAM Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice gift idea for a group that doesn't receive enough recognition. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Outlawz Saturday Paper A La Mode Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet and beautiful gift idea! Thank you for sharing your project at Polkadoodles challenge blog.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely gift for deserving teachers. Thank you for entering the Something special about Your Community, Your Nation or The World At Large Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous gift idea!
    Thanks for joining in at Outlawz PAM Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!