Monday, September 12, 2022

myasperations 9-12-22

Some time ago I participated in a challenge called “6x6 wonder” that I really enjoyed. I just stumbled upon some of the scraps from that adventure and they provided a fun base for my cute Back-to-schooler (from Cute As A Button!) Two free sentiments, puffy heart stickers and a bit of bling finish up my card.
        Note- Due to family health issues, the artist/owner of Cute as a Button (Francesca Lopez) just closed her challenge blog and is closing her digi store (Here) at the end of this year. So if you want to add any of her digis to your collection, stop by before December 30th. (She has such a beautiful spirit and strong faith. Please consider joining me in blessing Francesca and her family not just with our purchases, but also with our prayers!)
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz’ Outlawz Sunday Challenge We're Going to Be Friends” (Many of the lines in the rhyme relate to going to school, one mentions “books”) and also the current Path Of Positivity’s “Celebrate Something Special about YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR NATION or the WORLD at Large” (the background, especially the small pieces of tan vinyl wallpaper that look like  “tooled leather”, plus denim and bandana print papers give the card a rich Old West feeling. I was born in the middle of the USA and spent many years in the Black Hills of South Dakota, where many people's “work boots” were caked with cow and horse “stuff”! Today many of them use ATV’s when they round up their cattle, but I still know a few who work on horseback. I miss seeing that!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Cute As A Button (School Books)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique marker; Sakura Gelly Roll gel pens in white and metallic silver

·   Puffy Heart Stickers-Stickos

·   Front Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (hello!)

·   Inside Sentiment- TlcCreations (You are a gift to this world SHINE)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  CAAB School Books
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- We're Going to Be Friends
Gem of a Challenge- Week #19 Anything Goes  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #559-560 Anything Goes 
Di’s Digi Stamps- For a Child  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #104    

I had fun making this card with sparkly star-filled galaxy paper, an easy-to-make Z-fold card base, an adorable unicorn digi from Digi Doodles, and a sentiment that is the perfect fit for the card. Diamond Stickles add a touch of sparkly magic to the unicorn’s colorful mane and tail.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz’ Festive Friday (my card theme is “Fantasy”), Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge “Time Flies” (although my card doesn’t feature a watch or clock, it does feature a magical creature that flies), Incy Wincy DesignsCryptids/Mystical” (I learned that a cryptid is a creature or plant whose existence has been suggested but has not been discovered or documented by the scientific community. I think a Unicorn qualifies!), and lastly, Double D’s Challenge “ Baa-Cluck-Moo-Neigh-Oink-Quack” (I wasn’t sure if a unicorn neighs, but a bit of google research made me realize, "Of course, it does!" I found one Unicorn joke HERE  that I especially like. Q- “Did you hear about the unicorn with a negative attitude?” A- “She always said neigh.” Ha!)
Supplies: 

·   Galaxy Patterned Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Digi- Digi Doodles Studio (Eden Light Fairy)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Instructions for Z-fold card can be found on Pinterest (I liked the one HERE)

·   Sentiment “Of course you can fly…” We Are 3 Digi Sentiment set (Dreams

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Digi Doodle Studios- #53 Add Metal/Sparkle
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #36 Anything Goes  
Double D’s Challenge- Baa-Cluck-Moo-Neigh-Oink-Quack any or all!    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Fantasy)
Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge: #9 Time Flies
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- #66 September 2022                 

A few months ago I added a fun new digi from Jan’s Digi Stamps set that included these chocolate Easter bunny images. I recently saw a meme that inspired this card front… but I couldn’t quite figure out what to use for an inside sentiment. Then, I remembered I had this cute Dearie Dolls digi, and paired it with a computer-generated sentiment to add a visual “punch line” to the card front. I thought there was a little too much white space until I added “chocolate fingerprints” using a brown ink pad and my own digits.  Voila- Success!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz’ Festive Monday “Sweet Greetings” (in this case the sentiments aren’t sweet, the images are… at least they inspired chocolate craving in this card makers!) and Colorful Options “Beautiful Brown” (from the background to the yummy bunnies, this card sends off some great chocolate vibes!)

Supplies: 

·   Chocolate Bunny Digis  (Precolored)-from  Jan’s Digi Stamps digi set (Easter Jonquils)

·   Light Shading and Highlights added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and white colored pencil

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Inside Digi- Freebie from Dearie Dolls (Easter Chocolate Boy)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, and  Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Brown ink pad, cardstock, and postcard card front from my card/scrapbook stash.

Entered into:  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Sept 2022 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenge- September 2022 Linky
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Beautiful Brown     
Paper Funday- #45 ATG
        Since I’m a DT for QKR/Stamp On It (sponsor), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize! 

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards and designs. You've done a great job of it with the bunnies! Thanks for sharing with us at The Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back wearing my Paper Funday DT Hat to say thanks for playing along and supporting the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your unicorn is so beautiful and not sure if they would say anything else BUT neigh, and the joke is too cute!! Thanks for joining our fun challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card with the bandana/denim patterns! I'm sure you've seen lots of horse folks out in your part of the country; these textures and colors are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the best time looking at this fabulous cards you created! I love the girl with the books; she is perfect for our challenge this time! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am back to comment on your absolutely gorgeous unicorn card! I love the galaxy paper and your awesome image and sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous Unicorn card!
    Thank you for joining us at Festive Fridays Challenges!
    Valerie
    Festive Fridays DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, you made me smile! Thank you for showcasing the bunnies on your adorable cardand sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Perfect interior, you always do a great job!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! The first one fits our challenge well! Thanks for sharing with Outlawz Songs and Rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute little unicorn, must be related to a horse, yay or neigh lol Thanks for playing along with us at The Double D, "barnyard bevy" Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun unicorn card and lovely colouring

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 36 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great back to school card with the denim and bandana prints. Super cute image too. Thanks so much for entering our Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    Cara, The Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute way to use fingerprints as eggs on your card!
    Nikki, DT Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Unicorn card!
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
    https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG that bunny card is too funny Kathy! All your cards are wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Colorful Options! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge and the Outlawz challenges. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny and Adorable! Great card.Thank you for joining us over at Paper FunDay,ShandyDT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards- love the work with the bunnies! Thanks for joining us for the challenge at Jan;s Digital Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!