Sunday, September 11, 2022

myasperations 9-11-22

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time, the digi and sentiments are all from a just-released set named “Pumpkin and Spice.” I colored the apple cider image so that it looks translucent, with the yummy recipe peeking through. (The recipe, which is a freebie from Susan Branch’s blog, is held in place by a pocket created on the card front with a piece of acetate. The back of the recipe holds a magnet so it can be removed from the card and used to add a bit of holiday fun to any metal surface!) A strip of ribbon adds shouts of fall color to the card, while wooden leaf embellishments with raffia accents add texture. Ahhh… I love fall! 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Pumpkin and Spice)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- recipe freebie found HERE

·  Inside Sentiment- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Pumpkin and Spice)

·  Plaid Ribbon- JoAnne’s Fabric and Crafts

·  Wooden Leaf Embellishments- Hobby Lobby

·  All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Sweet Greetings   
Outlawz Challenge- September 2022 Linky
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- September                   
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Sept 2022 Anything Goes

I created this card specifically for the Outlawz’ Sunday ChallengeWe're Going to Be Friends.” The current rhyme focuses on school, and even mentions brand new shoes, possibly like the ones that this sweet little image wears! Stars fussy-cut from background paper embellish the sentiments, adding bright accent colors.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz’ Tuesday “Inspiration Photo” (My card features lots of light blue and yellow like the inspiration photo, and the little cutie holds a pencil like a trident!) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sassy Cheryl's Stamps Back to School (no longer available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment “You Are Awesome” (skogstokiga- Blog closed))

·   Inside Sentiment- “Say Yes... Adventures” From Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Smooth Seas)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- We're Going to Be Friends 
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- inspiration photo  
Di’s Digi Stamps- For a Child  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #37 Anything Goes    
Paper Funday#45 ATG  Since I’m a DT for QKR (sponsor), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize! 

One of my favorite challenges is the Butterfly Challenge, partly because the sponsor provides easy-to-follow instructions for making a creative fold card each time (and is kind and very generous!) The current creative fold is a Window Card. I haven’t made one of these for a long time and forgot that they are easy to make, plus they have a nice “wow” factor!
My card features all four colors- Wheat, Wisteria Watermelon, and Wild Blue Yonder, plus two of the themes- Window Fold and Butterfly. I had decided to make the window card base with patterned vellum but it didn’t provide quite the impact I was after. A few scraps of bright pink (Watermelon) dotted Swiss paper adhered behind the window “points” added the needed pizzazz! I enlarged a few of the butterflies from the digi, printed them off, colored and fussy-cut them to provide lovely embellishments on the front and inside of the card.  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge: Time Flies (my card doesn’t include a watch or clock… but it does include lots of butterflies!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Alex Siberia Designs (Adore You)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and Sharpie Black Permanent Fine-Line Marker

·   Inside Sentiment “Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful”- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Rainbow Lorikeets)   

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #559-560 Anything Goes  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Nature)
Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge: #9 Time Flies

13 comments:

  1. Great cards and I love the idea of including a recipe with your Cider card...brilliant idea! Thanks for playing along in the Jan's Digi Stamps challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your designs this month.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back wearing my Paper Funday DT Hat to say thanks for sharing the Sassy Cheryl's card with us. I miss those images and it's nice to see one pop up every now and then.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea making the window flaps with the velum and I love the spotty theme. Thankyou for coming and playing in the buterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute, and SO super creative. You amaze me, Kathy. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always such a blessing to me and I appreciate you taking the time to join us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness but those new shoes are perfect inspiration from this song! Fantastic image and beautiful work by you! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! I particularly like the one with the pencil! Thanks for sharing with Outlawz Songs and Rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love our card, thank you for joining Tue. colour challenge at th Outlawz challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your cards, but the "Spiced Cider" has my heart! I make a pot every Halloween with a touch of Spiced Rum...LOL! Thank you for sharing your beautifully composed cards with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute take on our sweet greetings challenge. Thanks so much for entering our Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    Cara, The Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great cards. I love the schoolgirl - her hair looks so shiny the ways its been coloured! Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Polkadoodles. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for entering the Tuesdays Color challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com/ this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next inspiring Color Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    Tuesdays Color DT



    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card. Thanks for entering our Tuesday Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenge!
    Cara, The Color Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!