Friday, September 2, 2022

myasperations 9-2-22

     After a few busy weeks at the office, I took the last few days off to spend in my craft room. Hence, I have a handful of photos to share! And, with a three-day weekend coming up, I hope to have more to share soon. Woohoo!
    An added note- I’ve decided to try to shorten my blog descriptions. I will still post the names of companies/businesses from which I’ve purchased or won items (and of course for those for which I am a DT/Contributor!) However, since I now have thousands of freebie sentiments and digis I’m finding that it can take me quite a while to find the source for each. So, if I don’t provide that info, feel free to make a request in a comment and I’ll try to find the source and share it with you.  

Earlier this year, Marcella Hawley. the generous artist/owner of Power Poppy’s shared the following with her newsletter followers- “Hello, friends. We are all watching the attack on Ukraine with immense pain, horror, and a crushing sense of helplessness. I have been wracking my brain to figure out how to help, even in a small way. Perhaps starting with my drawings, and extending out to YOU, we can make a bigger impact to help people feel supported, loved, and wrapped in prayer from all over the world.“  She added, “Sunflowers are the national flower of Ukraine, and we are starting to see them pop up all over the world to show our support and love. I have two bouquets and sunflowers both detailed and simple. Use them with my blessing for whatever purpose helps show support - whether in a card or in social media.” Marcella then makes a generous offer, “All four of my Sunflower-themed digital images are all now available for FREE to anyone who wants to download them and create cards, flyers, or posters.” I used two of the sets that Marcella is currently offering for no charge to make this card. (Note- I attempted to write out the steps I used to make this card, it quickly became confusing to follow. I’d be happy to create another of these cards and make a step-by-step tutorial with photos to simplify the process if there is interest in that. Just let me know in a comment if you’d like a tutorial, and I’ll see what I can do!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Pixie's Snippets (I used scraps of vellum to develop the letter templates, and after cutting the letters from the sunflowers, I used all the pretty sunflower “Snippets” to create a colorful border along the edge of the burlap and twine on the left side of the card.)
Supplies: 
·   Sunflower Images- Power Poppy Digital Stamp (Sunshine of My Life)

·   Front Sentiment- Power Poppy Digital Stamp (Bring Home Some Sunflowers)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, colored pencils, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Strips of burlap and twine, card stock, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Power Poppy- The Blossom Challenge- Going Sentimental          
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #559-560 Anything Goes                   
Pixie's Snippets- Week #435
Patties Challenge- #198 Anything Goes (Sept)

I always like to participate in the Outlawz Challenge Crash Your Stash challenge, because it helps me to use some old items in my stash. However, the current challenge was more challenging than I’d thought it would be…. because I’ve never quite understood how to use chipboard items! The only ones items I could find were handful of small frames from my scrapbook stash. For this card, I covered the frame with gold washi tape… and love the results! (I might have to make more with the remaining frames.) 
Supplies: 
·   Sheet Music- “You Are My Sunshine” a freebie from Central Texas Accordion Association Tune Book 2010 (HERE)

·   Bee Digi- Freebie from The Graphics Fairy

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Wings made with scraps of vellum, white gel pen and Stickles

·   Bee Washi tape-Hobby Lobby

·   Small chipboard frame (from my stash) covered with Golden Beehive Washi Tape-Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- Snap Click Supply Co- Meredith Cardell (Sweet As Can Be Set)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Chipboard
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Nature)
Outlawz Challenge- August 2022 Linky
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   
Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge: #9 Time Flies

The Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group {BYSHC}, posted their September Sketch yesterday and it’s a good one! I used a cute Conie Fong digi as the focal point, embellished with items from my stash.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz’ Monday “Sweet Greetings” (the cute little gingerbread cookies that decorate both sentiments reflect one of my favorite things about the holidays. Not gifts… but all the treats!) and Christmas Craft Creations “Winter Activities” (one of my favorite winter activities is baking those wonderful treats… and helping to eat them, too.) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Conie Fong’s Santa Gnome Gift (a freebie from Kit & Clowder Dec 21)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment-“Sending Warm Gingerbread Wishes” from  Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Wishes)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Fat Pants” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Grumpy Goose)

·   Fur on hat made with Flower Soft Polar White you can find HERE

·   Circle template, patterned papers (fussy-cut gingerbread peoples), scraps from a green file folder and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #26 Sept 2022                              
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Sweet Greetings    
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Winter Activities                
Conie Fong Art & Design Group [FB]- Challenge- August/September
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #656 Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #609 AG  

I’ve loved being a Contributor for Beccy Muir for several years. But before that, I built up a nice collection of her great digi sets and freebies. I still nab her freebies quite often and this sweet bear is my latest. Also, I don’t use pre-colored digis very often, but when I do they are often Beccy’s digis with her stellar coloring. This cute little cub is an example of that. I added a bit of shading, highlights and stitching (to make it my own) then also added Glossy Accents to her eyes and leafy tiara.  She is such a cutie!
Supplies: 

·   Pre-coloured Digi- Monthly Freebie from Beccy’s Place (July 2022)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Puffy Heart Stickers-Stickos

·   Inside Sentiment- desertdiva freebie (Hello How are You)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   Filigree heart scrapbook paper, patterned papers, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- #102 AG
Beccy’s Place Challenge- September  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- #66 September 2022                  

17 comments:

  1. A gorgeous collection of cards Kathy, well done! I love the way you've used Marcella's sunflowers, they're coloured beautifully and contrast wonderfully with the kraft cardstock.
    Your bee card is very fun and happy. I totally agree with you about the gold washi tape, it looks fabulous around that little frame. I don't have much luck with washi tape, I always find it lifts off my projects, but using it to colour chipboard is something I haven't tried.
    I'm totally on board with the holiday treats Kathy... that's my favourite part too! It's the tastes and smells of Christmas that do it for me. You've done a great job with the card and I like your take on the sketch, particularly your fabulous colouring.
    Your last card in this post is gorgeous. I love the lacy heart and the little white dots you added to the bear... so pretty! You've done a brilliant job finishing the inside too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lovely creative time haven't you!?
    Thanks for entering your lovely summery sunflower card into the Snippets Playground xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kathy, as Sarn says - you've been a busy lady! Lovely snippets card and how kind of the designer. What lovely 'other' makes as well! Happy crafting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that was a lot of crafting! Love your cards, and the chipboard frame looks pretty with the washi tape! Thanks for playing at the Outlawz Crash your Stash challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bear is so sweet and has such a lovely expression. Thanks for sharing with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG. (PS I suggest you share your bee card too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Christmas card and image thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow lots of wonderful cards Kathy. Your Santa card is very sweet and has all my favourite elements - a cute Santa, red and green colour combo and a gingham pattern :) Great colouring and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much crafty goodness to enjoy! I love every one of these fabulously designed projects! Your Bee Happy make is stunning! Every element you used just works perfectly to make this totally awesome! Thanks for playing with us this month at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back again with another hat on :) Your Santa card is so sweet and your sentiment is exactly a sweet greeting to nail our theme this time! Fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Full of texture and color and love your creativity with the sketch too. So glad you joined us for our Winter Activities Challenge at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card, love the bumble bee. thank you for joining CYS chsllenge at the Outlawz challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Santa card is super cute and I love the tiny gingerbread men! Thanks so much for entering our Monday Greeting Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    Cara, The Monday Greetings Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Bee card! Thanks so much for entering our Crash your Stash Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are so fun! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great cards! Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really pretty design - love the flowers.

    Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!