Tuesday, August 30, 2022

myasperations 8-30-22

When I saw that Beccy’s Place is the current sponsor of the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge, I wanted to use one of Beccy’s images in the challenge, especially when I saw the color board. It is a perfect fit for the set Disco Fever! And the Outlawz challenge “twist” of friend reminded me that one of my good friends from high school loved all things Disco. So this is going to be my card for her this year when she turns the big 65! She’ll love all the wonderful details in this artwork, especially the "hangy-downy" parts to her arms since we both resemble that fact these days. Ha! 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp (Disco Fever)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s

·   Front Sentiments- cut from scrapbook paper and a freebie from Papercrafts Magazine

·   Inside Sentiment- Digi- Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp (Disco Fever)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- photo with Twist: add “friend”
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- August 2022 Linky
Paper Funday#44 ATG (w/Opt. Friendship)

I picked up this wonderful birthday digi recently because I like it, it is just $1.50 (US), and it reminds me of my teen years (you know… when disco was in!)  Some striped paper, plus the sheen of metallic-colored stars finished off the card, which didn’t even need a front sentiment. So fun!
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dr Digi House of Stamps (Birthday Cheese)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Star Stickers- Dollar Store

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #34 Anything Goes  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- #101 Shimmer and Shine  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   

STAMPlorations is a wonderful family-owned business, and I’ve enjoyed using their stamps, digis, and other products for several years. For this card a used a wonderful digi named “Rustic Birdhouse” that I printed on kraft cardstock, fussy-cut, then added a weathered woodgrain texture with markers and a white colored pencil. I used a few items from my stash, including a dusting of a wonderful product named “Flower Soft” to add snowy accents to the little house! (I love that it comes with its own “Home Sweet Home” sign above the door. Such great attention to detail!
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including Christmas Craft Creations “Winter Activities” (My mom became an avid birdwatcher in her later years. She had several birdhouses and feeders outside of her window at the nursing home and loved seeing the many birds- and the antics of the squirrels- that visited, especially in the winter months when food was scarce. She never wanted us to bring her treats. Instead, she’d ask for bird seed!)  
(An added note, I recently learned that STAMPlorations artist/owner Shery Russ was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer this past April. You can read about her journey and see some sweet family photos HERE. Shery is an amazing person who welcomes our support in several ways… including prayers!)  


Shery and her Family
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Stamplorations (Rustic Birdhouse)

·   Shaded with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and highlighted with a white colored pencil

·   Snow made with Flower Soft Polar White you can find HERE

·   Card Front- Upcycled from an old card

·   Front Sentiment- Rubber stamp removed from wood-mount  company unknown)

·   Inside Sentiment- Lili of the Valley Digi Stamp Set (Christmas Wishes)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
STAMPlorations- Never ending Anything Goes Challenge                 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #557-558 Anything Goes                   
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Winter Activities               
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Christmas)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #609 AG      
Rudolph Days Challenge- August 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love it .
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your disco card Kathy, and I'm certain your friend will too! You've done a great job mixing and matching the papers and colours and I love how you've put the sentiment together with different fonts.
    Your second card is awesome... what a great image! I like that the sentiment is "printed" on the photo paper. Great colours too, I think those stars work perfectly with all the other elements.
    The last card in your post is wonderful, such a serene image. I love birdhouses and little birds and this one is gorgeous. The scene in the background is beautiful too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh I love your disc card, thank you for sharing your card with the Tue. Colour Challenge at the Outlawz challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birdhouse Christmas card is beautiful, thank you for joining the Festive Friday challenge at the Outlawz challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous birdhouse image! What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CCC and hope to see you again for our next challenge! Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for entering the Tuesdays Color challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com/ this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next inspiring Color Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    Tuesdays Color DT



    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!