Sunday, August 14, 2022

myasperations 8-14-22a

I was able to create another card for the current Double D’s Challenge with one of my upcycled lighthouse calendars. I also used a wood-mount stamp that I’ve had in my stash since the late ‘90s… and which is one of my fav’s! I was excited to discover a few years ago that the company still has a website and sells many of their fabulous stamps, including this Large Hermit Crab, which I stamped onto a scrap of kraft brown cardstock. After adding some color, white highlights and fussy-cutting, the crab takes center stage in this summery scene.  
Supplies: 

·   Crab Image- Biblical Impressions Rubber Stamp (Large Hermit Crab) Available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Upcycled calendar page, cardstock, and metallic silver paper from my stash.

·   Camera die-cut and mini-star punch from my scrapbook stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Lighthouse   
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #555-556 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Theme Summer)
Allsorts Challenge- Week 688-89: Anything Goes   
Patties Challenge- #197 Anything Goes (Aug)

I won this sweet digi from Lee Holland Art last year and finally colored it up for the first time. The sucker on the photo for the current Colorful Options Monthly Challenge provided my inspiration for the card. After coloring and fussy-cutting the digi I wrapped a square of cellophane around the sucker, to add some realism before adhering it to the patterned paper card front. (I used four of my colorful photo corners to attach the patterned paper and really like how they bring out the bright tones in the Yummy sucker!)

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Lee Holland Art (Dragon With Heart Lollipop)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Freebie from Desert Diva (You Add Color To My Life)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy Birthday” Papercrafts Magazine Freebie (no longer available)

·   Colored photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Patterned paper and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  

Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Turquoise      
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes 
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- #68 August 2022                        
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   
Jan’s Digi Stamps- August 2022 Anything Goes

I’m glad the Outlawz Challenges are moved to their new “home” to blogland and think it will be much simpler to enter and follow the challenges. This is my first entry into their Wednesday Sketch Challenge. And it was a fun challenge to play with!
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Polka Doodles digital stamp- Emma Flower Jeans (no longer available)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sparkly Flower Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Inside Sentiment- Gingershouse.blogspot.com 5-14-17 (I got called ‘pretty’ today…)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
·   Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #653-Say it with Flowers  
·   Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #32 Anything Goes  
·   Outlawz Challenge- Wednesday Sketch Challenge  
·   Outlawz Challenge- August 2022 Linky

21 comments:

  1. Adorable card Kathy!!!! Love it!! Thanks for playing at the Outlawz challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to upcycle those lovely pictures, thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Kathy!! Thank you for playing at the Outlawz challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful coloring Kathy! Thank you for sharing your sweet treat with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 'groovy' card Kathy. The image is so much fun and your colouring is perfect. I love your bright colour scheme and wavy floral borders. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion For Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful summer projects!
    Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays
    Val
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back wearing my Paper Funday DT Hat to say thanks for sharing your lovely girl with us. I'm happy that Outlawz are back but I cannot figure out how to enter there. It seems some challenges have a linky and others don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I think that might be because some of the challenges just went "live." (When I checked a few days ago a few didn't have a Linky yet... now it appears that they all do. So maybe try again?)

      Delete
    2. Me again! I couldn't figure out how to enter cards into the Monthly Linky. Finally discovered that when I hit the "home" button, it took me to the August Linky. So they appear to all be working!

      Delete
    3. thanks Kathy! I always loved playing the challenge there and was disappointed I may no longer play. Now I see all linkys work so I'm back in the saddle!

      Delete
  8. Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 💙💙💙 this! I adore the cellophane over the lollipop! Good luck! and thanks for sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, Congratulations, you are our are winner at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Your card made me smile! Please visit the winner's post here: https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/winner-summertime-blues-challenge/ to see your card being featured, and then email us (address on the sidebar) with your first AND last names to claim your prize. Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lin... thanks so much. You just made my day... actually you made my whole week! Can't wait to go shoppin'!

      Delete
  11. Great lighthouse card - love the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been one busy lady ... awesome creations! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely work thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card love the layout and the image is gorgeous……thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 32 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's a real cutie Kathy, thanks for joining us at out new home for Outlawz Sketch :)
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Youre card is so lovely,thanks for sharing it with us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenge too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!