Saturday, August 27, 2022

myasperations 8-26-22a

This is my second card for the current Double D’s Challenge and it features a wonderful truck digi, a freebie from the Homemade by Paula blog. After printing the image onto vellum I colored it with markers on the backside and added a few highlights on the front with white and silver gel pens. I cut a section from an old map to make a background for the truck. To attach the vellum, I cut four slits in the map and slid the corners of the vellum into them, taping the corners in place on the back of the map. The sentiment is computer generated. 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Freebie from Homemade by Paula (GMC Truck)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Silver Sharpie Marker, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Wheels                                                          
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #557-558 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- August 2022 Linky
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #34 Anything Goes                     

I needed to make a summer-themed birthday card for a friend with a sense of humor. So I used a funny sentiment from my files, a template found on Pinterest (searched “Flipflop Card Template”), an upcycled calendar page, and other items from my stash to make my card!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday “Summer Days” (hot days on a cool beach rockin’ flip flops is the definition of fun for so many of us!), Simon Says “Shimmer and Shine” (one of my favorite things about spending time on the beach is watching sunrises and sunsets… which always seem magical as they send shimmery color across the water. So beautiful!)  
Supplies: 

·   Flip Flop Template from Pinterest.

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Summer Days
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Birthday Greetings    
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- #101 Shimmer and Shine  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Turquoise       
Digi Doodle Studios- #52 By/At/Under the Seas

I wanted to make another Faux Stepper Card for the current Butterfly Challenge because I love this fold that the challenge sponsor, Mrs. A, provided. It’s new to me and I like finding new folds, especially when they are as easy to make as this one!)  I had found a packet of B&W plaid sunflower silverware holders on sale at Hobby Lobby and decided that one of them would take center stage on my card.  A few punched butterflies, scraps of vellum, a freebie sentiment, and a strip of wonderful burlap butterfly ribbon (that was in a prize pack from an earlier Butterfly Challenge win (Thanks Mrs. A!) My card features three of the Colors- Fandango (Bright Pink-hard to see but the vellum in the top wings is pink, bottom wings are orange), Fulvous (Dark Yellow), and Forest Green, and two  Themes- Faux Stepper Card and Butterfly.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Paper Shelter and the Sisterhood of Crafters “Frame It” (I used a sticker tag with a shabby chic feeling to frame the sentiment. I like the contrast it offers to the bold plaid), and Path Of Positivity Challenge- Celebrate YOUR CREATIVE SELF (the goal was to make something special just for myself. When life is busy and stressful, as it has been for a while now, spending time in my craft room is my therapy. So... the sentiment on this card is a perfect reminder of why my cardmaking hobby is good for my sanity and my soul!) 

Supplies: 

·   Plaid Sunflower Paper- Silverware Holder from Hobby Lobby (Thanksgiving section)

·   Butterfly Punch from Martha Stewart.

·   Instructions for Faux Stepper Card can be found HERE

·   Sentiment-A freebie from TLC Creations

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  

The Paper Shelter- #522 Frame It
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #103 (Celebrate YOUR CREATIVE SELF) 

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful and I'm happy you were able to take time to do something you love! I agree, crafting can definitely be a stress reliever! We all need creative time! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards. Just love them. The truck with the map background is fab. Thanks so much for joining us in our Paper Shelter challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You flip flop card is so cute and the inside sentiment is hilarious! Thanks so much for entering our Monday Greeting Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    Cara, The Monday Greetings Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cute, thank you for entering Festive Friday challenge at the Outlawz challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL your cards are fabulously created!! Thank you for joining us at The Sisterhood and Double D!
    Diane TSH DT and DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the map background you used!
    Thank you for joining Festive Fridays challenges
    Val DT - Leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous - great map background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving this second Faux stepper card even more. It's gorgeous. Thankyou for coming and playing along again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!