Friday, January 29, 2021

Imagine That (X3)

I was thrilled a few months ago when Kris Breach, artist/owner of Imagine That Digistamps started offering monthly challenges again! I served on Kris’ DT before she took some time off and really enjoyed working with her… and creating with her wonderful artwork.  She now offers Progressive Challenge each month. And since I love bears, I really like the current one that features a sweet Panda. I created a gatefold card, added a softly colored sky with chalks and a cloud stencil, then colored the digi with bright colors. The final bit of color was added with heart stickers.
PS- The January Progressive Challenge set includes digis, sentiments, and papers all for just $2.99. And if you enter a card into this month’s challenge, you’ll get next month's digi set for free! But hurry, the challenge ends on the 31st. Check here for details! 
I'm entering this card into several challenges including We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Sentimental Ol' You (Must contain the word LOVE ), The Sisterhood of Crafters- Create Your Own Background  (I created the cloudy sky with a stencil, decorative chalks and a makeup sponge) and Outlawz Tuesday Challenge (I used all three of the colors on my card and also created the cloudy background.) 
 

 
Supplies: 
Digi and sentiment- Imagine That Digital Stamp (Panda Love Drops
Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 
Cloud Stencil- All Night Media (no longer available)
 Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby
All other items from my stash.
Entered into:
Imagine That Blog Progressive Challenge- January (Panda Love Drops)
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Sentimental Ol' You 
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #671 Valentines
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Create Your Own Background   
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-3 Colors and Twist-Make Your Own Background

I recently attended a team-building workshop with other managers at my agency. The trainer provided some wonderful exercises to help increase our productivity and my favorite involved making paper airplanes. I wanted to send her a thank-you card and these digis from Imagine That were the perfect fit! To make one of the paper airplanes look like it was suspended in the air I made a Z-fold card that included a smaller z-fold made from a strip of acetate. I printed and fussy-cut the three planes and set them aside. I loosely attached the cloud background paper to the card base, leaving the edges free until after I determined where I wanted to place the plane onto the card. After deciding this, I lifted the edge of the cloud paper and slid the long end of the acetate "brace" under it, adhering the end with tape.  [You can see this in one of the photos.] I next taped the other end of the acetate in place on the inside of the card by cutting a slit into the cloud paper, sliding the acetate inside and taping it to the card, thus hiding the tape from view. When the acetate is in place, I taped the plane to the card front. A sentiment and a few star stickers finish the fun card that is sure to delight the trainer who will receive it.
I'm entering this into several challenges including Di’s Digi Stamps- TicTacToe  (Diagonal- upper right to lower left- Something Blue, digi image, sentiment) and Scribbles Designs Challenge named The Power of Eight (In honor of their 8th birthday this challenge requires that entries include exactly 8 items. Item 1- my card base, 2- cloud paper 3,4 and 5- airplanes, 6- sentiment, 7- black layer behind the sentiment, 8-sparkly star stickers).
Supplies: 
Digi and sentiment- Imagine That Digistamps (Airplanes) 
Z-fold card video tutorial 
Papers, a strip of acetate, and star stickers from my stash.
Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- TicTacToe
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #96 The Power of Eight
Incy Wincy Designs- Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #4 Anything Goes 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays  
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Anything Goes   

My final card this post is a Sympathy card that features a Bugaboo image and an Imagine That sentiment. I wanted the card to have an elegant look, so used rich colors, plus a few strips of ribbon that include beautiful stripes of satin and gold thread. Small pearls add a bit of gleam and sparkle to the floral accents and candle flame. 
I'm entering this card into several challenges including Bugaboo Stamps- Jan Color Challenge  (my card features most of the colors, but some in deeper shades.)
Supplies
Digi- Bugaboo Stamps (Thoughts and Prayers Candle)
Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 
Inside Sentiment- Imagine That Digistamps (Sentimental Thoughts) 
All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Bugaboo Stamps- Jan Color Challenge   
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #138  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #475-476 Anything Goes  
Dragonfly Dreams- Pearls and/or Gems 


9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what amazing colors and designs.

    I joined your blog.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Kathy! That Panda image is so adorable and your sky background is perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Kathy!! I love the clouds you created and the coloring of the hearts and umbrella. Super CUTE!! Great job with the floating airplane card too! Thanks so much for playing at Imagine That Digistamp ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. love those planes. Thanks for sharing with us at polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love the z-fold design. Thank you for sharing with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice, Inspiration Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!