Sunday, January 17, 2021

Cupcakes and Butterflies

One of my favorite challenges, Double D’s Challenge, was started by two kind and generous
friends named Diane and Darlene 5 years ago. For their 5th Anniversary, they decided to host
a cupcake themed Challenge. Yummy! I discovered that I have quite a few cupcake digis,
stamps and even a die. So… I just had to create some cards. I posted one of them yesterday. 
Here are the final two!

The first features a patriotic Bugaboo digi, that I colored, fussy cut and adhered to a Pop Up
Front Step Panel Card (template is available HERE). This easy to make card base has a nice “WOW” factor when standing, plus it folds flat for mailing… usually at no extra cost! The sentiment is a freebie and all papers are from my stash.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including the TIME OUT Challenge- Be YOU (the instructions are “We want to know more about you-show us in form of a card! This could be your favorite card making style, what food you love...the list goes on!) I do love cupcakes, plus I love making cards with different folds or bases. (For this card I created a variation of a fold and provided a tutorial link in my supplies list. Easy Peasy!)
 
Supplies:
· Digi- Bugaboo Stamps (USA Cupcake)
· Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
· Template- Popup Front Step Card (HERE- just through step 4)
· Front Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (4th of July Celebrate Freedom)
· All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Double D’s Challenge- Cupcake (posted here and on Pinterest)
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #137
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #473-474 Anything Goes
TIME OUT Challenge- #179 Be YOU
STAMPlorations- Dec Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge: Stamps and Sweets 

My final entry into the Cupcake Challenge was made with a die that I think I might have won in a Double D challenge a few years ago. (How fun is that?!) This is the first time I’ve used it and I love the way the card turned out. I did trim the cupcake from the die-cut so that I could wrap a thin scrap of yellow vellum around the bottom of the cupcake. The vellum resembles a real cupcake liner. (Next time I won’t add white gel highlights to the vellum as it is a little overpowering.) The rest of the card went together pretty quickly with items from my stash.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including the NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) using this sweet die-cut for the first time! (But it will definitely not be the last!) and the Snippets Challenge, which encourages the use of all the little scraps of paper that might otherwise be (gasp) thrown away! For this card, I used snippets of vellum, and every little bit of the bright colorful patterned background paper to highlight the inside sentiment.
 
Supplies: 
· Diecut Sentiment/Cupcake- Cottage Cutz Happy Birthday die
· Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers (cherry) and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
· Glossy Accents- adds shine on cherry
· Inside Sentiment- Power Poppy Digi set Cuppa Cupcake (Life is short, eat dessert first)
· All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Double D’s Challenge- Cupcake (posted here and on Pinterest)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #150 Anything Goes (Happy 6th Birthday!)
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Diecuts and/or Embossing Folders 
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #669 What’s New?
NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!)- Challenge #22 [photo] 
Pixie's Snippets-Week #394
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays 
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

My final card for this posting is for another of my favorite challenges called the Butterfly Challenge. Each challenge includes a specific creative fold as one of the themes, but the sponsor, Mrs. A, provides easy to follow instructions that are really helpful. The current fold is a Gap Fold Card. A sweet friend had gifted me a sentiment die that worked perfectly for a Gap Fold card! I ran it through my Big Shot twice, once with dark green cardstock and once with floral patterned paper. This allowed me to place the floral letters into the negative space in the dark green cardstock. I really like the continuity that gives the card as the letters match the floral in the gab (beneath the acetate) and across the top of the card. A punched butterfly with deep pink vellum adhered to the underside of its wings perches on the card front. So lovely!
I am entering this card into several challenges including Tuesday Color Challenge-Project that begins with the Letter F (my card features several of the colors in the inspiration plus includes Floral paper.) 
Supplies:
· Diecut Sentiment- Memory Box Happy Birthday
· Butterfly Punch- Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Double Craft Punch
· Acetate, dark pink vellum, and all other papers from my stash.
· Inside Sentiment- Papercrafts Magazine Freebie (no longer available)
Entered into:
Butterfly Challenge- #150 G is for Gap Fold 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- January
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Layer It Up!
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-Project that begins with the Letter F 
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super set of cards and naturally I love the Time Out card and it shows us exactly what we wanted to know about you! I love all the folds-so clever and what yummy cupcakes these are-fancy one myself now!! Thanks for joining Time Out and sharing more about 'YOU' with us x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, you certainly are the cupcake queen with these gorgeous cards, the pop up designs are fabulous, they look great in the bold patriotic colours. Beautiful butterfly card too- a great take on Mrs A's challenge theme.
    Thanks for the lovely comment you left me- the cupcake embellishment is just a little stamp, coloured, fussy cut and popped up on foam.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors and the form of the card.Muffins appetizing, good luck with your challengesđŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Kathy! Love the dimension you created using the die cut window. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, Die Cut/Emboss Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous collection of cards! I love the gap card, the papers are beautiful and really set off the sentiment die cut. And that little die cut cupcake is adorable!
    Jane
    Guest Designer at the Playground

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Kathy. The gap card is really great and what a clever way to use that Memory Box die Mrs A will love it! And of course your snippets card is super - very cute little cupcake. And I love how you also decorated the inside of the card.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant selection of cards Kathy and I particularily like your cupcake challenge, so clever and so cool too.Thanks for adding the link to the template too. Thanks for joining our blog challenge at Daisy Chains and happy crafting. Michelle DT X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, you have absolutely nailed the gap card. I love your card . Di knows me too well! Thankyou for coming and playing in the first butterfly challenge of the year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Three amazing cards! I really love the last card, with the butterfly and florals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, an amazing array of design inspiration for us, Kathy! I love all your cupcake cards and now want to go bake some because my mouth is watering! And I love your butterfly gap card, too! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so fun and fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These are also all very cool, and technical with the fancy folds! Thanks again for joining at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A real festive looking cupcake! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!