Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Coffee, Roses and Peeps? Oh My!

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!
 
For this challenge, we have a new sponsor, The ArtsystamperShop.  As a DT, I had a hard time selecting just one of their images… so I picked TWO. My first card features a beautiful glass mug from their Coffee Set, which actually features a lot of great images and sentiments. I used my paint program to layer the png version of the glass mug atop a freebie background image, changing the transparency of the digi so that the Happy New Year text shows through the glass mug. I added a bit of depth to the digi with alcohol markers and a white gel pen (although I am realizing that the coffee looks pretty weak! I will darken it up before I send it out.) Since I didn’t want the whipped cream topper to be transparent, I printed that onto white cardstock, fussy-cut, and adhered it atop the mug. The metal sentiments are from my stash, where they’ve lived for nearly a decade!
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including the Outlawz- Festive Fridays Challenge- (my card represents the Special Occasion of a New Years Celebration), and The Paper Shelter- New Beginnings (New Year's resolutions often mean new beginnings for many of us. I personally and praying for changes this year. The first is that… please God… COVID is eradicated.) 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- The ArtsystamperShop (Coffee Set)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sentiments- Metal Sentiment brads (purchased from Oriental Trading company in 2012!)
·   Background- Eyelet Outlet Freebie (Happy New Year’s Background) Click on the link next to the image
·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 13 Sheets 13 Colors Photo Mounting Corners)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #475-476 Anything Goes                   
Let’s Craft and Create- Ch #167-Anything Goes  (Option- Cheers to You)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
The Paper Shelter- #453 New Beginnings
Cute As A Button- Jan: CH #64 Anything Goes + (Option) Cheers to You!
Incy Wincy Designs- Anything Goes

My next card features a digi, sentiment and patterned background from The ArtsystamperShop. I colored the vase of roses and it was looking pretty good until I messed up one of the leaves. The more I tried to “fix” it, the worse it looked. So… a circle of my trusty vellum came to the rescue! A die-cut “Hello”, gold photo corners, and papers from my stash finished what turned out to be an elegant card.  
 

Supplies:
·   Digi and green lace background paper- The ArtsystamperShop (Vintage Roses)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- “Hello” cut from Cottage Cutz Butterfly Hello Die
·   Inside Sentiment- “A Garden of Happy Thoughts for You” from The Artsystamper Shop (Vintage Roses)
·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 13 Sheets 13 Colors Photo Mounting Corners)
·   All other items from my stash
Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Flowers in Containers  [photo] 
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Diecuts and/or Embossing Folders   
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #534 (Optional twist- Tie It Up 
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Anything Goes   
Createful Heart Designs- Jan Challenge #28  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- January

As we are in a deep freeze with winter weather here in Wisconsin, Spring is working its way into my craft room. Peeps are popping up and creating beautiful cards. The peeps wreath on this card is a free Cut File (I used is as a digi, but the link in my supplies list shows some adorable projects made with Cricut & Silhouette!) I’ve had the ribbon, with its country pattern of checks and hearts since I inherited my mom’s craft stash. It reminds me of her as she really liked country and primitive crafts. She would have LOVED this wreath!  
Note- the inside sentiment is from a company named Little Scraps of Heaven. Tricia Veinot Moore, owner/artist of LSOH offers a weekly freebie. This cute little bear was a past freebie. Stop HERE to nab the current one. And, while you are there, you might want to do some shopping because right now all the LSOH digis are on sale just $1.) If you want to get a weekly email notifying you of the current freebie, scroll down to the very bottom of the page to sign up for the newsletter. Easy Peasy! Tricia also has a FB page HERE.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including the Simon Says Monday Challenge- On A Roll (the wreath is a circle, made up of lots of peep body and head circles ) and the TIME OUT Challenge- Be YOU (the instructions are We want to know more about you-show us in form of a card! This could be your favorite card making style, what food you love...the list goes on!" This card reflects my playful nature and my love of Easter, which brings the promise of New Life that was given to us on that first Easter morning so many years ago!)
Supplies: 
·   Peeps Wreath- Scrapbookandcards.com Freebie (Easter Peeps Wreath Cut File)
·   Front Sentiment- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Easter Joy)
·   Inside Sentiment- Little Scraps of Heaven (Sweet Peep Digi Set) No longer available
·   Ribbon and papers from my stash.
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Wreath Me Some Love!
Simon Says Monday Challenge- On A Roll
TIME OUT Challenge- #179 Be YOU
CCC Digi Creations- #121 Include a Sentiment
Createful Heart Designs- Jan Challenge #28  
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you've gone to town using these Artsystamper digis ... GREAT JOB! (not sure why you have her watermark on your cards vs your own) but they are both just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers in Containers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering of the coffee mug onto the background. I don't know how to do this with my digital images and I think this is a technique worth learning. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image love the design and your layout. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have made some great cards here and I love to see how you can fix up boo boo's. Thanks for sharing them with us at Double D Challenge.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card for Time Out-super wreath made of cute bunnies! And so colourful-perfect. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and the easter card is so cute with that bunny wreath. Thank you for joining us and showing a little you at Time Out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at the CCC Digi Creations Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card thank you for joining us at TPS
    Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your cards are lovely! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Gale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bunny card and the colouring on those flowers is fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Kathy...love the beer one. Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!