Saturday, January 16, 2021

Bugaboos Birthday Bash

Jodie and her team at Bugaboo Stamps are celebrating their 11th Birthday with a weeklong Bash! In spite of an unusually busy week, I was able to create several cards today. So… am working to get them posted in time.
For the Day 1 challenge- Woodland Friends Birthday Project- I decided to create a birthday card with Theodore Bear (who came out of hibernation to join in the fun!) I love the confetti background paper which just screams “PARTY!” I didn’t plan to add the additional marker created confetti on my circle background but it evolved to cover an oops. I accidentally got a black smudge along one edge of the circle, tried to cover it up with shading and a blender; looked worse. Added more shading. Still worse. So… started lightly tapping the tips of the brightly colored markers I’d used on the digi. When finished I discovered that my dots overwhelmed the background. Ack! Blender pen helped tone it done but not enough. So… pulled out my white pigment ink and sponge and gently started to try to do some repairs. Four hours later (I am exaggerating just a bit) it looked tolerable so I stopped… but not until after I added a few “confetti” peeking from behind the balloons. Ha!)

 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Bugaboo Stamps (Theodore - Birthday Sign)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- Papercrafts Magazine Freebie (no longer available)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Bugaboo Stamps- 11thAnnual Birthday Bash Day 1- Birthday Project Woodland Friends
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #473-474 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- January                 
Cute Card ThursdayChallenge #669 What’s New?
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Anything Goes   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                

My second entry into Bugaboo Stamps 11th Birthday Bash is for the Day 3 challenge- Anything But a Card. I decided to make a simple... or should I say "Simply magnetic" bookmark! I remember making them with my 5th grade Sunday School students many years ago to give as Christmas gifts. They are super easy to make, inexpensive... and useful, too! (They require a paper strip, two small pieces of adhesive-backed magnet strips that are available in a roll at most craft stores, and whatever you want to use to decorate them. The bookmark folds over the page and the magnets secure it in place… so there is nothing sticking out of the book and it won’t accidentally come out until you take it out!) With my SS students, I printed off scripture verses for them to color and decorate with miniature stamps.  But I've also made them with scrapbook paper and embellishments. (Be careful not to make them too thick or they might leave a little indentation in the book! Bet you can guess how I know that?!) For this bookmark, I wanted to match the challenge theme, and since lots of bugs inhabit the woods, I created a ladybug bookmark.  I kept the design simple but added a little interest with a seldom-used Victorine pattern decorative scissors, added some shading and highlights to the bug so she/he pops off the bookmark, and drew dotted lines to represent a meandering bug-trail across the leaves lightly stamped with very pale sage green ink.
Supplies: 
·   Ladybug Stamp- Hero Arts Ladybug (no longer available)
·   Leaf Stamp- Embossing Arts Stamps (company no longer in business)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Cardstock, ink pads and magnet strips from my stash.
Entered into:  
Bugaboo Stamps- 11th Annual Birthday Bash Day 3- Anything But a Card  
Let’s Craft and CreateCh #167-Anything Goes  (Option- Cheers to You)
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

My final card for Bugaboos Birthday Bash is for Day 5-Make Us Laugh (the inside sentiment helps with this task!).
I used a Bugaboo circle sentiment digi, that includes a yummy cupcake to add colorful yumminess to the card front. The doilies add some texture and I thought they also provide a pastry shop feeling to the card.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including the Double D’s Challenge (It’s their 5th Anniversary and they’re celebrating with a Cupcake Challenge. Yumm!), the TIME OUT Challenge- Be YOU (the instructions are “We want to know more about you-show us in form of a card! This could be your favorite card making style, what food you love...the list goes on!) I opted for one food I love- cupcakes, plus my favorite cardmaking style with is adding layers, often a touch of humor, and different folds. (For this card I decided to use a Z-fold card base. (I provided a tutorial link below. Easy Peasy!)

 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi with circle sentiment- Bugaboo Stamps (Valentine Circle Sentiments)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   White doilies from the Dollar Store
·   Instructions for Z-fold card can be found HERE.
·   Inside Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (Cupcakes Make Your Clothes Shrink)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Bugaboo Stamps- 11th Annual Birthday Bash Day 5- Make Us Laugh
Simon Says Wednesday ChallengeLayer It Up!
Double D’s ChallengeCupcake            
The Paper Shelter- #452 Digital Image
TIME OUT Challenge- #179 Be YOU
STAMPlorations- Jan Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge: Stamps and Sweets     
  

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, colorful card with a teddy bear and an original bookmark.
    A card with a cupcake is very appetizing 😋 Good luck with your games😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘CUPCAKES’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Your images are so fun and playful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter challenge. Best of luck with your entry - Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three projects are so creative and well thought out... You've been one busy crafter! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again fabulous cards... love the first spotty one!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun and adorable cards! Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!