Saturday, January 30, 2021

Four to End the Month

I just realized that I have several cards to post before January draws to a close, so this posting will be packed full!
I wanted to make one final floral themed card to enter into the current Double D challenge… and ended up making two. Decided to enter this one since, with all the fussy-cutting, it took the most time to create! Plus, a few scraps of scrap paper and a few turns on a seldom-used corrugator created leaves with texture. 
I remembered making one of these cards many years ago, and found a template on Pinterest that loosely served as my guide. The flowers were created with scraps from my large collection of patterned paper. This card will be sent to my sweet 98-year-old MIL. Due to COVID we haven’t been able to see her, so I try to send her cards and letters on a regular basis.
Supplies: 
·   Flowerpot Pocket Card Template can be found HERE
·   Tag Sentiment was trimmed from a Bugaboo digi (Ladybug Hello)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment-Unknown Source (from a Michaels Dollar bin years ago!)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Flowers in Containers  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #475-476 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- January                 
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Anything Goes              
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
 
The second floral card features a beautiful freebie from artist Conie Fong. I had fun coloring it in pastels, with white gel highlights. An Outlaws Sketch provided an interesting layout that features a scrap of patterned paper with a beautiful filigree design. I perched a few pretty butterflies, cut from scrapbook stickers, to finish the card.  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Conie Fong FB Freebie (Flowers In A Vase)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment - Beccy’s Place Digi set (Hello Sunshine)
·   Inside Sentiment- loveSVG Freebie (Happy Birthday)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Conie Fong Art & Design Group [FB]- Monthly Challenge- January Anything Goes              
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Spring Spring Spring 
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #5 Anything Goes                         
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays
Outlawz Challenges- Wednesday Sketch  
Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

A few years ago I signed up for Gerda Steiner’s newsletter, and this is one of the freebies I’ve received since then. You can sign up on the GS website HERE, where you’ll also find several other free digis!) Paired with items from my stash, plus two sentiments from my digi collection I have a sweet birthday card. (I often add details with a white gel pen. I provided a close-up of this sweet bear's face so you can see them!) 
I’m entering this into several challenges including the  Butterfly Challenge. It features one Color- Heat Wave (Orange) and one Theme Butterfly.  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Gerda Steiner Freebie (Mouse with Cookie) no longer available
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·  Front Sentiment- “Sweet Birthday Wishes” Imagine That digi set (Ice Cream to My Cone)
·   Inside Sentiment- TiddlyInks Digi set (Cookie Bugg) no longer available
·   Sheer black dotted swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Gerda Steiner Designs- Share Your Designs Challenge- January
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #902                
The Paper Shelter- #454 Happy Birthday
Butterfly Challenge- #151 H is for Herringbone Card (photo)
 
The January challenge at Little Scraps of Heaven Designs states, “Create a tag using any LSHD piecing highlighting any goal you would like to achieve or change you would like to see in 2021.” I looked through my LSHD collection for inspiration, and this digi, named Love Mom Bear jumped into my hands! It reminded me how much my Mom loved making cards together. After she was in a nursing home, she loved getting my handmade cards in the mail. In her memory, my goal this year is to send out more cards than I have in past years. With so many friends and family members suffering through additional months of social isolation, I think that getting mail is more important than ever. So… I want to do what I can to brighten their days! This past year the time I spent in my craft room provided me with hours and hours of stress management and produced lots of cards.  So, whenever God puts someone on my heart in the coming months, I’m going to send them a card!
I’m entering this into several challenges including the Path Of Positivity Challenge with the Optional Twist- Look for the Positive. (My positive is trying to make something good out of this difficult time. I’ve worked in the field of mental health promotion and drug prevention for nearly four decades… and with so many people struggling with depression and anxiety this past year, I hope that sending out cards can brighten a few lives!)
Oh, forgot to mention, I added some depth to the sweet image by printing an extra copy of the heart and roses. I colored, fussy-cut, and attached them with foam tape. You can see proof of this by the shadow in the close-up photo.  Plus, by looking at the photo I can see that the roses are attached a little bit crooked!  And you can see the little wink of a rhinestone I added to the sentiment. Mom always did like her bling! 
Also, this cute digi set is on sale right now for just $1.00! (That's 75% off!) 

 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Little Scraps of Heaven (Love Mom Bear)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  LSOH Love Mom
Little Scraps of Heaven-(FB) January (Goal or Change)       
Incy Wincy Designs
- Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #671 Valentines
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #87 (Optional Twist- Look for the Positive)
         
Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Kathy! So many different patterns and designs! Love the dimension too. All of you cards are awesome. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Flowers in Containers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful selection of designs, I too haven't made the flower pot card in years. I still have the template somewhere. Love the mouse with the hugs cookie.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful selection of cards and colours. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me.Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course all your cards are fabulous but that pot of flowers for your MIL is gorgeous and SURE to bring a smile to her face. I'm SURE she REALLY appreciates receiving your handmade cards and looks forward to the next one!!
    Gosh I haven't made a card like this in YEARS ... so nice to see it again! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers in Containers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your creations are fabulous... but the pot with the flowers is amazing!
    Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea to send cards during this difficult time. Your cards are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week. Good luck with your entry! Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag Kathy. Wonderful and positive thought to send out cards during these difficult times. Thank you for entering the Looking For The Positive Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!