Sunday, July 14, 2019

Hula Cat Fun

I made this card for my final entry into the current mood board challenge at Double D's that focuses on all things tropical. I used a wood mount stamp that I was included in a boxful of stamps that I purchased about 10 years ago on EBay. It is from a company named "Love You To Bits."  I stamped this cute hula cat on kraft cardstock several times to be able to cut out and layer the flowers and her right arm with foam tape to add depth. I then stamped just the hula skirt onto a scrap of light brown cardstock, fussy cut it then used very sharp scissors to "fringe" the skirt. The sentiments are computer-generated.  
 
   
Entered into: 
Double D’s Challenge- Tropical                
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge – Flower Garden 
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Birthday
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- #28                                                                    

The current challenge at wecraftcards is named "The Living is Easy" and we get an extra entry if our card features ice cream. I used a digi set from Imagine That named "Build a Cone" and also specialty papers from Imagine That named "Ice Cream Parlour Papers." You can find the digi set and papers HERE. I created the waffle cone using a corrugator that I've had for a few decades but seldom use. Ran a small square of kraft paper through the corrugator, rotated it to the right and ran it through again to create the waffle effect. I made the cherry with a small scrap of red. The inside sentiment is a freebie from Create With TLC Blogspot. You can find it HERE. Am entering this into several challenges including Outlawz Saturday "Summer Fruit or Veggie" [I love Bing Cherry season and one of those beauties tops the ice cream cone just beautifully.]
 
Entered into: 
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- The Living is Easy [Ice Cream]
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Summer Fruit or Veggie                  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- July                                        

The current challenge at Art Impressions [AI] is to create a Birthday Card. I have collected AI stamps since I used to co-own a small stamp store in South Dakota in 1999. They were one of our most popular stamp lines, especially their wonderful front and back stamps and "Golden Oldies" character images. For this card, I used a few of the vintage AI stamps, including a front and back cat and a large comfy chair. I used them, plus a Spellbinders die and a freebie squirrel image from Papersmooches to create a fun scene. The sentiments on the front and inside are computer-generated.  Am entering this into several challenges including Bugaboo Stamps "Inspired by your Favorite Movie" [The Secret Life of Pets]
Entered into: 
Art Impressions- #260 Birthday Cards                                                               

Bugaboo Stamps- Project inspired by your Favorite Movie    

Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #394-#395 Anything Goes             
       
My final card for this posting is a flip card that features a sweet mermaid freebie. After making the front and back cat card I was thinking it would be nice to have a front and back mermaid image so that I could make a special card for the 4-year-old daughter of a friend that LOVES mermaids. Decided that I could make a reverse image of a mermaid digi to create a spinner card that is sure to make her smile. I used a mermaid image that I found a few years ago on Deviant Art by an artist named YamPuff. When looking for the web link,  I discovered that Yampup now sells her wonderful images, but continues to offer some freebies, including a version of this image that you can find HERE.  And, the tutorial that I used to make the spinner card [from a standard A2 card and piece of string]  is HERE. The front sentiment is computer generated.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Life on the Ocean Waves
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday- [TWIST–Twine or String]
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie- #121 (beachy)        

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, I especially like that cat image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! A hula cat is too funny! Great card!! Thank you for playing in my birthday challenge and the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG what a fun birthday card! Love the grass skirt lol! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again! (sorry for the late comment) This hoola kitty is just so cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Tropical’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the "vintage" Art Impressions stamps being used! That cat is just adorable. Thank you sharing your talents! Thank you so much for joining us on the Art Impressions Blog for Challenge #260 Birthday Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE that little chair by the window that fun Squirrel!!! It totally cracked me up!! I also like how you used that first card with the cat. Your sentiments are just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are lovely. The one of the cat made me laugh out loud. Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh...I love your mermaid card. I have never made a spinner card and might have to follow your link and learn how to make one. I love the inside of the card that acts as a background for the mermaid from the front of the card...great job!! Thanks for joining us over on If You Give A Crafter A Cookie challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!