Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Card Trio

Wanted to make one more card for Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Stars and/or Stripes." Since I had the Posh Impressions solid heart stamp out from the card I made for my last post, I decided to use it again. [For details on how to make this flag image, pop into yesterday's post HERE.] I added a few star stickers [they actually are holographic with a bit of sparkle.] The sentiments are computer-generated.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Stars and/or Stripes                            
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays [Your National Flag]                          

Bugaboo Stamps- Anything Goes             


A few weeks ago I learned of this wonderful card fold from the wecraftcards Forum. It is pretty easy to make and is a great way to use up some of my vast supply of 2-sided scrapbook paper. This youtube video provides measurement and instructions. However, make sure to follow them exactly… which I discovered that I didn't do when I folded up the corner where the stamp should go! My "orientation" was off. It still works… as the return addy will go on that flap. The postcard on the inside includes a coffee themed ATC made from scraps of patterned paper. Include the "steam" made my sketching the curlicues onto a scrap of vellum and then fussy cutting them and slipping them inside of the mug.  The sentiment is computer-generated, the mug that I printed onto patterned paper is from a digi set from Verve named "Coffee Please." [Sadly, the company closed down a few years ago so the set is no longer available.]
 
 
Entered into: 
Pixie's Snippets-Week #356                                                                                            
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- July                                        
Polkadoodles Challenge Week 27-Anything Goes                                          

I had made this card for the Butterfly Challenge Gate Fold challenge… and then my schedule exploded and I forgot to post it. So…am entering it into the current challenge, "Letter H is for Hinge Fold." Since I'm at an out-of-state training, I won't be able to make any other cards for this challenge… and do hate to miss entering one of Mrs. A's wonderful challenges. So… decided to enter this card as it does meet one theme- Butterfly. The sentiment is an old wood-mount stamp from Hero Arts.
 
Entered into
Butterfly Challenge- #124 Letter H for Hinge Fold             
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #394-#395 Anything Goes                    

Cute Card Thursday- #589 Anything Goes


3 comments:

  1. Lovely to have you enter and for your kind comment. I do like that strip of butterfly die cuts. A novel way of using the negative space. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Kathy - I do love your butterfly one, clever design there! And the folded snippets card is amazing - I can't begin to think how it's done!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks for joining us for Week #27 at Polkadoodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!