Friday, July 19, 2019

Butterflies and Buttons

My DT card for this week's QKR Stampede Challenge, features a Eureka Stamps sentiment image [ES 404030-Butterfly Saying] that you can find HERE. I created the card to meet the requirements of the current Butterfly Challenge, "Letter I for Impossible Fold." I'm using a few items that I won in one of the Butterfly Challenges a few months ago, the lovely background paper and silver butterfly embellishment. The card features one of the required colors [a dark shade of Imperial Red] and one of the themes [butterfly.]        
Entered into: 
Butterfly Challenge- #12 Letter I for Impossible Fold       
The Paper Shelter- #392 Summer Spirit
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #396-#397 Anything Goes                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- July                                        

I enjoyed being a Guest DT for Beccy Muir at Beccy's Place last year, so was thrilled when she invited me back to be part of her new concept, inviting several of us to be "Contributors" on her site. Every few months I receive a new "assignment" using a new digi set and can decide if I want to accept the assignment or pass on it. [Cue the "Mission Impossible" theme song!]  The current assignment was to combine several images from the wonderful new digi set named "Button Jar" on one card. [You can find the digi set HERE.] Playing with this set was precious to me as it makes me think of my mom... who always had jars of buttons for us to enjoy. [Ever played Button, Button Who's Got the Button? It is a favorite memory from early childhood.]
I'll be providing details for one of my creations on this post, and one more on my next post. The buttons were colored with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. I used a scrap of checked tissue paper and yellow vellum for the background, and also traced the jar lid cover with yellow vellum to add another beautiful translucent layer of bright color to the card.  The sentiment is also from the digi set. Am entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday TicTacToe [center row- yellow, button and red.]
Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge – TicTacToe
Cute Card Thursday- #Challenge 587 - Bright Colors!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you have used the backing sheet for this card. It looks completely different with the added embellishments. So glad yourfinding a use for your prize. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prety butterfly card and paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!