Tuesday, August 22, 2023

myasperations 8-22-23

I want to get this cute critter posted to enter to the challenge at The Paper Shelter which ends today. Because my schedule at the office blew up... yet again, this blog entry will have just one item. (Which I don't remember ever doing!) 
So, here goes- all wrapped up in mummy gauze this Giraffe looks like a Halloween decoration! I added a "touch of Mummy" to the cream-colored card base, by ripping a few strips of paper to serve as stencils, and lightly sponged brown ink in thin stripes across the background. I fussy cut the giraffe mummy, and adhered him atop the sponged stripes. In the close-up photos, you can see a few of the extra touches that I added to provide texture-1) pieces of real gauze serve as photo corners, 2) a bit of sewing with tan embroider floss provides "tufts" to his tail and horns (research noted that they are officially named ossicones,; and 3) scraps of a gold Hersheys Kiss wrapper and a glossy blue paper strip from a gourmet chocolate bar provide bling and shine in the candy holder pumpkin! 
 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (Giraffes on Holidays)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #564 Anything Goes
Art Impressions Challenge- #358 All Wrapped Up!   
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #260
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Animals)
Outlawz Challenge- August 2023 Linky
Allsorts Challenge- Week 741/42   All Creatures Great and Small or AG
Jan’s Digi Stamps- August 2023 Anything Goes    
        Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

8 comments:

  1. OH! My goodness, these are gorgeous cards, I love the colours and the designs Kathy. You are so prolific in your card making now, think what can be done in part time working? Whoop whoop. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a fun fellow and the whole design compliments perfectly, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and being inspired by our All Creatures theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Kathy, great design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Kathy your crd is adorable, I love it. Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this as a Top 10 pick over at Allsorts and had to come find out what the rest of the sentiment said! I’m so glad I did! I love the extra touches you added with the gauze, floss, and shiny wrappers! I actually have this Paper Shelter digi set and appreciate the inspiration from your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My, this Mummy Giraffe is adorable and so much fun! Thanks for sharing with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I am in love with this stamp set! What an adorable card!! Thanks so much for joining our All Wrapped Up challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adorable card, Kathy! Love the embellishments of gauze and glitter. Thank you for sharing your MUM-Mee-Fied creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
      Hugs,
      Jan
      (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

      Delete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!